Reaction score
Has anyone with the RS Tuner experienced an improvement in fuel economy when driven with a light foot of course?

I'm quite baffled as I seem to get much lower MPG with my Trophy than I ever did with my previous 182 full fat, I thought it would be the other way round seeing as the Trophy is lighter...maybe it's just because each engine is so different...??

Reaction score
^^^????

T'was my understanding that the engine is an identical unit to that int the 182? Please feel free to correct me though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah just a normal 182. What milage are you actually getting?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine ranges dramatically, normally it's around the 32mpg but the last week has seen me on 41mpg!!!! seeing if i can make the magical 400 miles per tank again.... last time i tried it i ran out of fuel. :oops:

Reaction score
Cue said:
mine ranges dramatically, normally it's around the 32mpg but the last week has seen me on 41mpg!!!! seeing if i can make the magical 400 miles per tank again.... last time i tried it i ran out of fuel. :oops:

I get about 33.8mpg at the moment, door to door.
Motorways ive had it up to a steady 49.5mpg ish.
As for the magical 400miles, (£42 to fill it up at the time), i reached this when i drove back after picking the car up from allvehicles to Newcastle, think it was about 375miles back then i drove about another 30miles once i got back to newcastle. Quite good really considering it cost me £55 to get to Steves in my 306 GTI 6.

Reaction score
T5phy, the engines are identical but they vary considerably in the amount of power they produce.

I normally get about 31mpg when driving 'normally' vs 36mpg in my 182 FF. On the motorway I get about 35mpg in the trophy whereas the 182FF delivered 39/40mpg+.

So, is the summary that the RS Tuner makes bugger all difference to fuel economy? Hope not as I'm looking for a good excuse to buy one lol.

Reaction score
When I bough my Wife a 182 FF we drove back 100 miles in convoy & I reset the MPG guage in both cars.

When we got home the were both on 41 MPG.

By convoy I mean I hammered it coming out of every roundabout then drifted back to 60 to let her catch up.