BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just wedge some M10 or M12 nuts in between the rubber bits on the exhaust hanger to position the tail pipes in the cut outs.

Reaction score
Mine was hanging low but i wedged in 2 bits of 22mm copper pipe in the rubber, sits perfect now. You will need to fix them in with a cable tie though otherwise they will fall out

Reaction score
I tried that solution for centering mine, but the extra reverberation inside the cabin wasn't worth it IMHO. In my case I used some 19mm PVC piping (electrical conduit.) I've been trying to find some rubber hosing (radiator type stuff) to give that a go.

The ideal way to fix it is to bend the mounting brackets downwards on the exhaust (easier said than done when it's installed though :) )

Reaction score
I suppose it could be done with a really stiff bit of hose? just so it has some flex in it

Reaction score
Yes, that's what I'd like to try. You need something that will still give some isolation between the metal frame of the exhaust mount and the exhaust hanger.

I'm living with it slightly off centre and lower on the RHS for now.

Reaction score
Buy some TigerSeal, its Polyurethane adhesive.

Remove your rear exhaust hangers and either support exhaust back boxes, or I just left mine hanging on the other hangers.

Clean the hangers thoroughly and then seal up the back of the rubber hanger with some masking tape.

Squeeze lots of TigerSeal into the other side and as you do with silicone sealant, wet your finger so it doesn't stick and force the Tigerseal into all the gaps between the X shaped mount. Build it up to same level as the original X shaped rubber and leave minimum over night to set, 2 days better if you can live without car.

Refit and you will notice exhaust is held much firmer, the rubber no longer sags, yet as TigerSeal is flexible there is still enough movement in the rubber to prevent any exhaust breakages, but as it doesn't compress the weight of the exhaust will not be enough to make exhaust droop again, and as the rubber is no longer moving about excessively, it will not perish over time. The mounts are pretty much set for life of car now.

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of it before and a quick Google suggests it isn't sold in Australia, but Sikaflex make similar products and are sold locally. I'll look into it.

Reaction score
murcod said:
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of it before and a quick Google suggests it isn't sold in Australia, but Sikaflex make similar products and are sold locally. I'll look into it.

I've not used but yes I believe Sikaflex is a very similar product.

I also did my friends Clio 172 exhaust hanger last wk and he said he no longer gets knocking noises from the rear of his car now like he did before.