Royal steering wheels

Reaction score
Just received my newly retrimmed wheel and gear gaiter back from Royal Steering Wheels today. I went for dark grey alcantara with red stitching and the Trophy logo embroidered on it. Also got a gear gaiter made to match. Very pleased with it - top quality
I have a Snappy wheel on at the minute and the quality is amazing. I just think the oem wheel is too big!
I had contacted Snappy about retrimmimg the Sabelt wheel but Royal were slightly cheaper plus they come highly recommended from BMW and Porsche owners. So I thought I'd give them a go.
The quality of Snappys work is perfection - but Royal Steering Wheels is right up there too.
Here's a few pics
IMAG1629.jpgIMAG1630.jpgIMAG1627.jpg

Reaction score
Nice.

The blue original colour scheme just doesn't go with red

I agree. The wheels are great but the colour scheme doesn't suit the Trophy. I actually dyed the blue part (and the rest of the wheel with black suede dye - but the wheel was worn and it just didn't look right.
The new alcantara feels superb. I don't do that many miles so keeping it in tip top shape shouldn't be too hard.

Reaction score
Snappy is a member on cliosport.net
If you go into Cliosport and search for 'snappy' then pm him. Alternatively you can contact Royal Steering Wheels which is the company that did mine. Royalsteeringwheels.com. Snappy is not connected with Royal. They're two different businesses.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I think i might be the most hated or the most liked but i personal do not rate Royal !

Snappy wheels win hands down and the craftsmanship is unreal, when i get round to doing mine he will be the only one i will be going too

Reaction score
I think i might be the most hated or the most liked but i personal do not rate Royal !

Snappy wheels win hands down and the craftsmanship is unreal, when i get round to doing mine he will be the only one i will be going too

I agree with you that Snappys work is as good as it gets. There's not a single flaw in the wheel he did. The wheel Royal did really is good but they use a different stitching pattern and in places its not as uniform as the wheel that snappy did - but its a more intricate pattern, like honeycomb, and looks good in its own right.
I was able to get the steering wheel retrimmed and a matching gear gaiter made for less than than just the wheel from Snappy.
The OEM Snappy wheel actually looks better than the sabelt but I think the sabelt feels like a much better wheel to drive with...if that makes sense