Reaction score
Tonight I was looking at my Trophy and something wasn't right with the stance, jacked it up to find the driver side front spring broken. Somehow it had managed to break and go under the upper half??? So the car sits higher on that side now :?

Before I phone Renault tomorrow I was considering the Mark Fish springs. Does the spring setup work fine with the rear standard dampers or does it need the adjustable koni items? How much are the springs?

How do people rate it against standard on road use (obviously it would be better than standard on track)

Lastly anyone have a standard spring I could borrow or buy to save me taking car off the road?

Reaction score
Keith why not remove them both and send them to coilsprings.co.uk or Faulkner who will make you some of the same, you would then know what the rates are, may even be worth buying a few sets as they would sell easily?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If I had seen this sooner I could have gave you a coil spring .

I have 3 front standard ones (the yellow ones) and 4 rear coil springs from trophys.

I bought the mark fish set up for my trophy and I'm running standard sachs suspension with no problems or issues.
When I was on the phone to mark he did suggest the rear konis but my rear shocks where replaced less than 6months from renault

Reaction score
Have ordered new standard ones, decided to stick with everything standard, thought in long run would be best for me. Unfortunately have no idea when they'll arrive? 5days apparently but got told same with rear dampers and still don't have them 10days on because theres none in france so have to be made by Sachs :roll:

shiftspark - Thanks, will look into that, might be worth getting them tested for future referance atleast?? :)

MarcR - Thanks, Ossie87 has said he thinks he has one but waiting for him to get back to me. If he can't get it to me It'd be awesome if you could help?

Following my chat with dealer yesterday if anyone has a spare sachs rear damper or a pair of 182/172 that I can put on until I get my new ones I would love you forever :wink:

Reaction score
Keith, you are aware that the standard 182 cup rear dampers are EXACTLY the same as the Trophy 'Sachs' rear dampers don't you?

Renault simply put 'Trophy' tax on them and charge twice as much.

Reaction score
Heard that but wasn't sure. Getting charged same price as cup ones so can't complain about that.