Reaction score
Hi,

My top mounts are creaking and I thought I'd have a go at replacing them (with Renault ones) myself. I've bought two top mount kits from Renault and am now after instructions/guidance on how to replace them. I searched on here and other Clio forums for details but couldn't find anything useful.

If anyone could point me to some instructions/steps on doing it I'd appreciate it. I'm guessing it's relatively straightforward with a 21mm socket...

Thanks

Jay

Reaction score
Hi

My mate did mine when I had my shocks refurbed last year. From memory he also used an allen key in the top of the strut.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It is a relatively simple job if you have the right tools. You will obviously need to remove the strut so a selection of spanners and as above the correct Allen key to stop the rod spinning. You will also need a set of spring compressors as the nut holding the bottom part of the mount is all that is holding them in place and if you undo this nut without them the whole lot will be shot into, probably your face. I think I have posted pictures before which I can't do at the moment as I'm on my phone, try searching solid too mounts.

Edit; Because my Frigging phone likes to make me look an even more stupid.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
It is a relatively simple job if you have the right tools

:wink:

We All learn from our mistakes :) The second one I did went a lot more smoothly once i used the compressors and in my defence I thought there was no way that little nut held the spring in place.

Reaction score
Thanks Hoolio and others. I think I'm going to get Rentech to do the job. I haven't got all the right tools and if it needs a geo setup too... that's just a bit out of my depth.