Reaction score
Hi all,

Needin to get ma Sachs re-furbed but need car every day for work so am lookin for replacement suspension for it while i get this done. Cant seem to find Koni's to fit.... Bilstein quoted me £1000 and told me that the trophy had a megane front axle which i've not heard before :? :? :? .....Any info on that guys..??

Thinkin coilovers so can lower it so it looks the nuts and get a few nice pics of her but only set can really find is Gaz for £500. anybody had any experience with these..??
Dont want to blow budget for mod's on temp suspension, sayin that it may be on for a while..!!

Any thoughts would be appreciated dudes

Cheers

Reaction score
Erm...doesn't it take a couple of days for the suspension to be refurbed? Take a holiday?

Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
Erm...doesn't it take a couple of days for the suspension to be refurbed? Take a holiday?

I live in the middle of no-where mate so nothin gets done in a couple of days up here, its like livin abroad sometimes..!!
Just after advice on a decent set up thats all and also think it wud look the nuts lowered..!!

Reaction score
You live in the Highlands... awesome place! Just returned from the Argyll region.

Might be cheaper to buy a car for a few hundred quid, at least you'll be able to sell it afterwards? Or hire one? I would say use public transport... but we live in the UK!

Reaction score
Yeah have to admit its an awesome place to live...!! Lived in York for bout 5yrs and even tho it was a gr8 place to live i couldn't wait to get back up here..!! There's sum wicked B roads up here :D :D :D

Really need ma car up here so changing the suspension is going to happen.. Prob with the gaz coilovers, its the easiest option really without going into too much detail.... Has no-one else had this problem..??

Reaction score
Just get a pair of OE 182 Cup shocks while the Sachs gets refurbed, about £50 each.

Reaction score
Jonc said:
Just get a pair of OE 182 Cup shocks while the Sachs gets refurbed, about £50 each.

Agreed. And I want to live in the Highlands. Whilst I am not a fan of kilts or Tourists visiting distilleries, the roads and geological lunacy will more than make up for it.

p.s. apologies for my pointless first post; I didn't actually take time to research your location.

Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
Jonc said:

Agreed. And I want to live in the Highlands. Whilst I am not a fan of kilts or Tourists visiting distilleries, the roads and geological lunacy will more than make up for it.

p.s. apologies for my pointless first post; I didn't actually take time to research your location.

No harm done pal, i know how people feel bout their sachs on here.... i feel the same...!! They really come to life up here i tell thee..!! Shown a few expensive cars a thing or too...!! lol :evil: :evil:

Yeah did think bout OE 182 cup shocks but just thought if i spent a wee bit more i.e the Gaz kit, i would get a better product and they are surely better than standard shocks.!! Would be able to sell afterwards

Oh aye nearly forgot, yeah the tourists are a pain in the ass thats for sure but try wearing a kilt in England on a nite oot and see the results for youself... Like a flame to a candle..!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Reaction score
power ranger said:
Dont forget you will also need springs and theses are around £120 each!

holy moly, where ye buying yer springs from gudge....?? ye can get a set of 4 for that price..!!

Yeah, sussed that out already and the coilovers come with springs. The only question now is are the gaz coilovers worth the extra hundred bucks over cup suspension and seperate springs...??? Mmmmmmm

Reaction score
^ there Renault prices!

Yeah can get a set of lowering springs for that but then you would have to lower the whole car if you are going to use day to day! Or like you said get a set of Coily's and sell them when your done!

Reaction score
^^FFS never even thought about the stealers..!!

Never go to them for anything anyway, apart from ma boot lock so far..!!
Yeah think gonna go for the Gaz and then sell them on once i get the Sachs sorted.

Reaction score
You should be able to use the springs from the Sachs with the OE Cup shocks so no need to buy extra springs. If you plan to keep the sachs dampers off for a while, then maybe get coilovers if you got your heart set on it. Personally I wouldn't as I'd want to get the Sachs back on the car as soon as I could and therefore can't justify the extra cost for something that is gonna have little use. Even if you plan to sell the coilovers afterwards, you'd most likely loose at least £100 on 2nd hand shocks, which is already more than if you just bought the Cup shocks in the first place and you can keep the cup shocks for the next refurb.

Reaction score
8200342845 £46+vat a side

job done, you use the springs and everything you already have while yours are off for refurb.

We carry a set in stock for customer refurbs.

Reaction score
mike@rentech said:
8200342845 £46+vat a side

job done, you use the springs and everything you already have while yours are off for refurb.

We carry a set in stock for customer refurbs.

Is that 182 cup shocks mike..??

Sounds like what i'm after seein as its gonna cost me a few bucks to get the Sachs done..!!