Reaction score
last time i mentioned this someone asked for photos...well i was back there today and it's still there....
for those who dont know...
Renault Sport Spider 1996...1998cc...150bhp @ 6000rpm.....rwd...0-60 7.05 secs...max speed 134mph... kerb weight - 965kgs
it had the F7R clio williams engine and pretty cool vertically-opening doors..!
one of only 56 rhd made i think it's up for £15,999
launched to compete with the elise but at that weight it did'nt stand a chance...note the exposed aluminium sub frame in the foot well...
was this the first ever "renault sport" badged renault?

Attachments

• DSC00083.JPG
    DSC00083.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 620
Reaction score
its before that mate...probably since last september...mind you they dont help themselves...theres bits of trim that have fell off on the seat and the recaros look like back sections both need refixing...
and for that price i'd rather have a mk1 exige....i cant belive how heavy it is!!!

they also had a R27 in but it was dirtty and parked around the side with a child seat in the back! no boubt the salesmen are using it and cant be bothered with a car that they wont sell many of..probably the same salesman who was using my trophy before i bought it,a week after i bought it i came in for a touch up pen i bumbed into him and asked him what he was using now "i've got a 197 now" he said,"whats it like" i asked...."much better than the trophy" be replied....thats dealers for you...

Reaction score
Last time I was in there my girlfriend wanted to take the Type R for a test drive but sale guy convinced her to take a black 182 out. She really liked it but would not do a deal on cash!! They would only do deal on finance.

They are slighlty pushy and a bit crackers in that Grage!

Reaction score
benfield renault on benfield road newcastle....thought the tunnel up to the coast road,towards newcastle and its the turn off next to the "wills" building...turn left and its 100m down the road...coming from your way

Reaction score
Right, I think I know the one your on about, mate bought a 54 plate silver V6 from there earlier on this year. You might have seen it if your in there quite often

Reaction score
didnt see that but i know they had a silver V6 demo car they were trying to sell for what must have been 2 years...it went to all the benfield sites....i tried to take a test drive in it twice,each time i turned up one of the salesmen was out in it and they didnt know where...timewasters

Reaction score
No was not me was banging around Hawick in the Borders at that time through a thunder storm.

I remember that v6 I tried a test drive twice but was a no go.

Was the salesman with Trophy a big guy - stocky looks like a bouncer?

Benfield at Gateshead have a black r27 megane for sale may try my luck on sat morning for a test drive be interested to see how much they offer for mine. 8k????

Reaction score
that salesman guy you described was using my trophy before i bought it.....the v6 was over on the scotswood road when i tried to test drive it (2 years ago now),i really fancied one at the time...i bought an elise in the end...lets not go there...(see my owners register post)