Reaction score
Anybody had experience of Redline Tuning in Basildon,Essex.According to the website they have developed a modified airbox for clio 172/182 that will produce gains of 12-18 bhp.Anybody had first hand experience?

Reaction score
mrtytsw said:
Anybody had experience of Redline Tuning in Basildon,Essex.According to the website they have developed a modified airbox for clio 172/182 that will produce gains of 12-18 bhp.Anybody had first hand experience?

Does the airbox contain a 2nd engine?

No chance you will get 18bhp from that alone .... unless your talking about the JMS RS2 inlet manifold .... which does give you 18bhp :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep i'm more than sceptical about those kind of figures for an airbox but then again i'm pretty sceptical about ALL these claimed improvements nowadays. Perhaps if these tuners were paid by the BHP improvement we would stop getting shafted. :D

Reaction score
Totally agree:dyno before and after, no gain no fee: that would be nice - meanwhile back on planet earth...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
Totally agree:dyno before and after, no gain no fee: that would be nice - meanwhile back on planet earth...

:D It's just become a bugbear of mine, makes me so cross that people can actually say it will give you such and such, think of a number improvements with no real proof and charge silly amounts for it.

Reaction score
cheers for the input guys. gotta admit I was pretty sceptical but he said he would do a before and after dyno for £60.Maybe I should put that no gain- no fee idea to him.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you'd only get those figures when replacing the airbox maybe with forced induction engines and a remap. on the F4R engine it's dreamland.

Reaction score
i wouldnt go there i have been there before to have a rolling road but they fcuked my friends focus rs mk1 hawkemotorsport in stambridge can off better upgrades and service