Reaction score
Saw you while i was filling my car up at tescos in church langley, Harlow, on Friday Morning. I think you are on here and that you used to own a trophy?

Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend Tesco fuel these days, rumour has it they are buying and shipping direct from Holland, and are cost cutting on the additives. I know a few local people who have had engine problems over the last 6 weeks. You have been warned.

Reaction score
Saw this by absolute fluke!! Haven't been on for a while, I think it mightve been Kirsty driving.

There's plenty of renaultsports around Harlow, and quite often see 3 different Trophy's.

Reaction score
marrow said:
I wouldn't recommend Tesco fuel these days, rumour has it they are buying and shipping direct from Holland, and are cost cutting on the additives. I know a few local people who have had engine problems over the last 6 weeks. You have been warned.

I only ever use the Momentum 99, my car seems to go fine on it? Is it all fuel at tesco you have heard this?

D4VP-C(309) said:
Saw this by absolute fluke!! Haven't been on for a while, I think it mightve been Kirsty driving.

There's plenty of renaultsports around Harlow, and quite often see 3 different Trophy's.

yes it was a lady driving lol! Yep i know of one other in the direct area but apparently there is a trophy with white wheels or something like that that drives about?

nbc

Reaction score
marrow said:

Hi Mark

Interesting this as a few engine failures have been reported on MS over the last few weeks, in those cases the majority appeared to be in the north of the country and running on V Power. Worrying to think that maybe fuel grades are deteriorating across all suppliers :shock:

A Harlow worker here and ex-Trophy owner, now in the .R, if anyone fancies a lunctime meet it'll be good to see a T again.

Reaction score
Just to update its not just north that has issues with v power, i have been having running issues lately using v power from local garage in Broadbridge Heath, West Sussex. I know my stuff and its been really strange running issue is on start up and cold only. I have put it down to the fuel and what i believe to be that the fuel is vaporising in this heat we have within the injector rail as i only get it on hot days when engine has been sitting all day long in the sun or early in the morning when its been really hot.

The symptoms i get are poor starting then once it fires i get an instant misfire for around 20 seconds then it disappears but on driving the vehicle after this there seems to be no power for about another 20-30 seconds then all is fine.

Since swapping to normal shell and tesco 95 ron i have had no such issues so it an only be the poor fuel i bought from shell this being the v power.

Reaction score
Something to think about - When we had that super cold snap the temperature where i work was minus 10...our van refused to start. The RAC came out, and when they arrived the sun had come out and warmed up a bit. After cranking for a while she fired. The opinion of the RAC man was frozen fuel bought from a supermarket...due to suppliers buying so early and holding a stock pile of summer fuel, and selling this during the winter. It doesn't contain the right ingredients to make it function at super cold temps. I wonder if in your case they bought winter fuel and are now selling this during the summer?

Reaction score
nbc said:
A Harlow worker here and ex-Trophy owner, now in the .R, if anyone fancies a lunctime meet it'll be good to see a T again.

Damn! I dont work in Harlow but i do wanna see the .R! We will have to organise another essex meet maybe??

nbc

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
nbc said:

Damn! I dont work in Harlow but i do wanna see the .R! We will have to organise another essex meet maybe??

We must, do like Essex meats =P~