Rear window demister

Reaction score
2 of my element lines appear to have packed up, it's not a major worry as they're out of my line of sight but still annoying! They were working last week and haven't been touched etc.

Does anyone know if they're repairable or will I need a new window? Or are they just part of that whole french electrics caboodle? :wink:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im almost certain you can buy replacement element strips. Check they have just not come loose at the ends first and you may be able to just reconnect them.

Are they soldered at each end ??

Reaction score
They're all connected as one big unit aren't they?

I'll check tomorrow as the car's hidden away tonight.

Reaction score
Ok thanks i'll have to do some research and have a closer look at it. No snow in Wiltshire so I can't test it again :( The demister is all one unit though.

@ Stevie: Have you checked the wiring around the boot for both? Could be a bad earth?

Reaction score
This is very peculiar as i was coming on here to post an identical post, two of 007s have packed up as well around 1/3 the way up the rear screen.

Gonna take the plastic off from around the boot lid tomororw and see whats what. Not a big deal but still annoying

Reaction score
Just check each strip with a circuit tester whiklst the demister is on. Then to which one is not working follow the strip along and find the break.

You defintley can buy repair strips try here http://www.quillertriumph.co.uk/Quiller ... %20kit.htm

Dan no need to take the rear trim off as that will not show anything.

Steve yeah could be a bad earth. The earth straps are inside the boot beneath the rear lights but you will have to remove the carpet and rear panel trim.

Reaction score
power ranger said:
Just check each strip with a circuit tester whiklst the demister is on. Then to which one is not working follow the strip along and find the break.

You defintley can buy repair strips try here http://www.quillertriumph.co.uk/Quiller ... %20kit.htm

Dan no need to take the rear trim off as that will not show anything.

Steve yeah could be a bad earth. The earth straps are inside the boot beneath the rear lights but you will have to remove the carpet and rear panel trim.

Oh ok cheers Gaz, saved me a job there! i'll check that site out once i've had the curcuit tester out on it