Rear Sachs Sticker Placement

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi folks,
As the new owner of #133 (bought new years day 2023), I'm already stuck into the process of a cosmetic underside refresh, she is still in very solid condition so nothing structural needed, phew!
Anyway, the purpose of this post is to ask if anybody can help with the exact OEM location of the Sachs stickers on the rear dampers.
A little OCD but having just spent a fortune on the refinishing of all of the underside components (including the genuine rear dampers), I want to make sure I put my recreation stickers in exactly the right place.
A measurement from the bottom of the damper would be amazing if anybody has an original, un-restored damper to measure.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They do that, Nick.
I guess the point I was making is that there is no “right” height. Obviously facing towards the rear a6 couple of inches above the knuckle, depends how the sticker sticker was feeling that day.

Last edited:

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This did make me chuckle, and reminded me of a thread on another forum I frequent, where a discussion regarding the 'correct rivets' for some rocker cover plates ended up running to several pages, ultimately with no real definitive conclusion.

I fear it's the same case here, I very much doubt that they were put on with any sort of template or the same attention which us fastidious owners possess, more likely a case of stick where the sticker on the day felt like sticking as @hoolio says. I think so long as they're facing towards the rear of the car on the lower part of the damper you can't go wrong, and very much doubt that, at least for the next 40 years or so until you've entered an eccentric ICE car concours, anyone is going to be slipping under your rear end with a tape measure to double check. 😀

Reaction score
Trophy No.
This did make me chuckle, and reminded me of a thread on another forum I frequent, where a discussion regarding the 'correct rivets' for some rocker cover plates ended up running to several pages, ultimately with no real definitive conclusion.

I fear it's the same case here, I very much doubt that they were put on with any sort of template or the same attention which us fastidious owners possess, more likely a case of stick where the sticker on the day felt like sticking as @hoolio says. I think so long as they're facing towards the rear of the car on the lower part of the damper you can't go wrong, and very much doubt that, at least for the next 40 years or so until you've entered an eccentric ICE car concours, anyone is going to be slipping under your rear end with a tape measure to double check. 😀
Haha, that doesn't surprise me. I was looking for the original 3 leaf peel Renault side skirt and fuel filler rivets the other night and gave up after a few hours. Stainless nuts and bolts will be a nice upgrade.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My bodyshop had some great rivets for my side sills and petrol cap - I can ask them where he gets them from.

View attachment 31972
They look just like the originals, good find. I found 4.8mm x 10mm in black but 4 leaf rather than 3. They are close enough, nobody will ever look at the backs of them anyway I guess, I need to stop being so OCD!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Eyeballed them, look alright I think!

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_221242.jpg
    IMG_20230208_221242.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230208_221218_BURST002.jpg
    IMG_20230208_221218_BURST002.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 16