Rear Discs and Pads...

Reaction score
Hi,

The guy at the garage is trying to tell me that the rear disks/pads have to be bought at renault garage due to the bearings and discs being one as well as the pads..is this true.

Regards,

jsthomson

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well yes and no.
You will avoid a whole world of pain by fitting the renault discs as yes the bearings are part of the unit and aftermarket discs will generally have to have the bearings pushed in. Pads you can fit any.

Reaction score
nope, we supply non genuine ones which are of good quality and come with bearings as well.
We swop over the ABS rings.

Reaction score
i bought some off ebay, bit skint lol, 188 for discs and pads all round, fitted them last night, just swap abs ring, no biggy really, thought it was gonna be a mare, they are grooved and to be honest look good and seem ok fingers crossed!!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Blimey that is cheap.

Phew finally got rid of those old saucpan lids :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Would be interesting to see if they corrode like the oem ones. Hate looking at my rear discs :roll:

Reaction score
will let you know, ring next month to start track day season!! :D i am amazed how much better they look and feel!! my backs were paper thin, the front pads were cracked in two!! so suppose ought would feel good now!! lol