Reaction score
Tis a while since I've been on here, couldn't get on in my other job! Has anyone had leaking rear dampers lately? One of mine has started recently at 18000 miles. It's going in to the dealer on Saturday for inspection. Then they reckon they have to ask Ren UK what they might like to do about it. Service fella said they'd had a 2 year old one in with the same problem recently and he had to pay for the parts. Not impressed. Anyone had the same trouble at a similar mileage? Or at all?

What's my other options? Any aftermarket stuff anyone could recommend? Cheers!

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Doesn't sound good at all......

Only problem that I see, in my opinion of course, is replacing the rear dampers with ''non-sachs'' ones. Picky people would probably turn their noses up at a car like that. Me personally, as long as it handles as well then I don't see any problem.

Good luck fighting with RUK.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the Trophy isn't 2 years old yet..... your steeler is lying. Either that or he's confused it with a standard 182, which wouldn't suprise me. Sunwin in Bradford by any chance?

Either way keep us posted - the negative publicity it'll cause if they fail to replace it will harm reno....

Reaction score
How do you know its leaking? Im guessing by a load of liquid under the arch? and loads of banging when your going round corners?

Reaction score
drexel said:
How do you know its leaking? Im guessing by a load of liquid under the arch? and loads of banging when your going round corners?

Because it leaves a little patch of oil on the garage floor, and you can see where it's running down the outside of the damper. No banging though?

Cue:
His exact comments where the other car was nearly 2 years old, some of the '05 registered models are getting close now? Lets just say it's a dealer formerly known as Reg Vardy!!