Re: Trophy winter preparation

Reaction score
With Autumn here been thinking about giving the Trophy a good clean/polish so its at least prepared for winter weather so I dont find Ive got a pink Trophy next spring.

Im not a keen detailer (yet) and have been getting service/mechanical jobs done up until now.

Question is what if I had to buy a few products to clean/seal/protect paint work etc what would they be and what benefits do they offer? cheers

Reaction score
Trophys go pink in sunlight not winter I believe.

IronX
Tardis
Clay product & lubricant
Safe car shampoo & wash mitt or sponge (?)
Drying towel
Auto Finesse Tripple polish
Autoglym HD wax
Meguiars endurance tyre gel
Mercury exhaust polish
Wheel sealant
Microfibre cloths

That's one list of things you could buy. There are plenty of good threads and sites around, including Polished Bliss starter guide. The options are endless.

Good luck and have fun.

Reaction score
I agree with Claude on the list. For winter and a beginner colinite 476 is a amazing wax easy to use and will protect for the whole winter

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Feel the need to get it sorted before winter as its my daily, only issue I have is time as I cant manage a whole weekend cleaning/protecting the T as much as I would like to due to work/daughter so could always book a day off.

Reaction score
It normally takes me a day to give mine a good going over , but once its done it fully it will take less time to wash weekly after that