BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ill probably end up taking part in this. I just need to get hold of a Maxogen then im sorted.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
ive got nearly 2 weeks off in august so i might be going down to rs tuning for a custom map as long as my money comes through

I thought you were saving for an Exige? I saw your post on Exiges.com about leaving it out in the rain [-X . I think it was you anyways, I too am a fan :wink:.

Reaction score
I thought you were saving for an Exige? I saw your post on Exiges.com about leaving it out in the rain [-X . I think it was you anyways, I too am a fan :wink:.[/quote]

yeah that was me, i was worried because the exige only has a mesh grille at the back of the engine bay so didnt know what would happen if rain or water gets in there. alot the guys there say it good to get a cover for it but there a school round the corner from my house so i dont want to wake up and either see the cover missing or for the kids to take a look at it and get there dirty hands on it. il see how much inheritance money i get, ive already dissmissed the evo t.m.e that i got to drive just big and heavy, ive always prefferd less weight and handling over big heavy powerful cars

Reaction score
BenG said:
ive got nearly 2 weeks off in august so i might be going down to rs tuning for a custom map as long as my money comes through

I thought you were saving for an Exige? I saw your post on Exiges.com about leaving it out in the rain [-X . I think it was you anyways, I too am a fan :wink:.

T'sh you cant surf anywhere these days without being spotted :!:

Reaction score
OK fellas there seems a fair bit of interest so I will give him a ring to see what he can do.I am in no mad rush to get it done so can wait to suit everyone.
Since work have banned all forums :x I am not on as often as I would like but will get back to you when I have something sorted.

Reaction score
tallandy said:
What proven gains form the rollers have people got from custom remaps like from RS Tuning.

I'm running ITG panel filter, stainless steel straight through exhaust and de-cat.

I would think around 8-10 bhp and a similar increase in torque

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats poo ! Its all about the driveability I guess.

I dont have my inlets matched but im not too bothered about that to be honest, im just going to stick a maxogen on before the remap and leave it at that. Ive already got a decent exhaust system w/decat. Im expecting gains of up to 25/30BHP :^o

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm confident of 20+bhp form a map 1. i've sorted the blowing exhaust 2. mine's overfueling like olly reed and 3. it'll have just had a major service so should free up another couple of bhp.

Reaction score
OK fellas just spoken with Paul
First the good news, he needs around 5 people and can do 3 maps per day at £245 + vat which should normally be £350 +vat so a big saving.
He would need £50 deposit per car up front to book in.

Now the bad news, expect gains of around 10 hp and 10 flbs torque depending on how your car is running before hand so you could see upto say 15hp... dont forget though you will see big gains in drivability, its not all about top end figures.
So we should be getting around the stated original factory figures :roll:

As he can only do 3 a day this would help out with fitting it in around when you want it doing.

So let me know who's up for it. :)

As always pm if you want it kept out of the forum (tup)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im just going to order up a Maxogen in about an hour so hopefully they will be in stock. Im interested but I obviously need to get this IK first. I cant believe im paying £360 for an air filter ! :eek:

That is a big saving on the remap though, im well pleased with that. :D

Reaction score
BenG said:
Im just going to order up a Maxogen in about an hour so hopefully they will be in stock. Im interested but I obviously need to get this IK first. I cant believe im paying £360 for an air filter ! :eek:

Anyone tried arranging a group buy on the maxogen for discount? I'd be quite interested in that as well

Reaction score
BenG said:

Well thats the only way to see if they are as good as they say they are !
It would be a good before and after test.

Reaction score
tallandy said:
Anyone tried arranging a group buy on the maxogen for discount? I'd be quite interested in that as well

Its always worth ago but it usually takes a while to get people on board especially at £360 for an air filter :?: you could try over on Renault or Clio sport

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well thats the only way to see if they are as good as they say they are !
It would be a good before and after test.

I dont think that would work as I have an aftermarket exhaust system w/decat too. It will be good to compare figures and mods when we all get back.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Its ordered !

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Andy, a group buy would have taken ages as shiftspark said. I would have been very interested otherwise.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I guess we pay our deposits and then Paul can book us all in either together or individually. So as soon we have 5 or more peeps we can get the ball rolling, which I think we do...

shiftspark
Cue
BenG (Waiting for Maxogen)
richjones76
tallandy
midlandsowner
? Sam K ?
? ben182trophy ?

I find out tomorrow whether my Maxogen is in stock, It better be !