Reaction score
My passenger seat has been doing a bit of rattling which can be quite irritating. I've had a look underneath to try and diagnose the problem and it seems that on one side where the rails join it is a bit lose i.e. there is a small bit of play between the rail attached to the seat and the rail attached to the car. This is what is causing the rattling noise. It doesn't appear that this can be tightened and I'm wandering whether a new rail is required on one side? Can anyone help me here? Can it be adjusted?

Reaction score
duffer987 said:

lol It's the only bit of the car that isn't actually Renault. No rattles from anywhere else so not doing too badly I guess. I think I'll take it too the dealer, I imagine best way to sort it out is to take seat out and re-fix...I'd do it myself, but seeing as it's still under warranty why bother...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine did this - it's a little plastic ball bearing' that was thwe cause - it had snapped or come loose. Fixed under warranty.

Reaction score
Mine does this, this I will take it into the dealer and get it fixed, Drives me MAD :twisted:

Reaction score
Renault are going to fit a new passenger seat runner on to my car tomorrow. Will this fix the problem....?

The mechanic said that they all do it (says a lot for Reno build quality!!!) and that the new one will do the same a year down the line. I told him that I've never had the seats rattling in other cars and insisted on a new runner being fitted.

What is this plastic ball bearing you mention for and where's it situated?

Reaction score
hi

Sam415 said:
Renault are going to fit a new passenger seat runner on to my car tomorrow. Will this fix the problem....?

The mechanic said that they all do it (says a lot for Reno build quality!!!) and that the new one will do the same a year down the line. I told him that I've never had the seats rattling in other cars and insisted on a new runner being fitted.

What is this plastic ball bearing you mention for and where's it situated?

I had my rail replaced and it didn't sort the rattling! Found out in replacing the rail they knackered the backrest adjuster! It slides out now!

Been back twice to have it fixed and all they do is put it back together and as soon as i drive off it falls apart! Useless, not impressed with Renault and warranty, a far different story at Toyota where they pointed out warrany claims to me! Renault should take a leaf out of their book!

Regards

Dom

Reaction score
^ ^ ^ ^
Now I'm nervous! So, you're pretty much just saying "the seat rattles - there is no cure - deal with it!"

When it goes in tomorrow I'll make sure I speak to the person who is doing the work and tell them if they f*ck anything else up I'll hunt them down!

Reaction score
Just picked up from dealer and all is well - the rattling seat has been cured (for the time being)!! And even better, Reno have managed not to damage anything else, in fact they even cleaned my car inside and outside. Most impressive :shock: