Reaction score
On the drive to work my passenger recaro developed a slight rattle :( . Is there a definative way to fix this? im sure there has been a thread on this before but i cant find it.

P.S i did find what looks like half a white BB underneath the seat and wondered whether this could be part of the mechanism or someone has been having BB wars in my car!

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam, I thought there was a separate thread on this as well but it's actually mixed in with the "problems with your Trophy" sticky. Yes the BB is relevant but if you trawl through that thread you should find all the info you need to fix.

Reaction score
Thanks, just had a quick look but cant seem to find how it is actually fixed, from the faults thread it seems as if it may need a new subframe. I will have a fiddle round with it this evening, hammers and everything! :twisted:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i found the same half BB under my passenger one - one new subframe later it was fixed. Although i'm not saying that it needed it but the reno monkeys suggested it and as it was in warranty who was i to say no.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sam_K said:
Thanks, just had a quick look but cant seem to find how it is actually fixed, from the faults thread it seems as if it may need a new subframe. I will have a fiddle round with it this evening, hammers and everything! :twisted:

Will have to read this it again, thought this was fixable with dried peas or something.

Reaction score
I thought Power Ranger solved this problem (although I couldn't understand how) somthing about giving the seat a bang from the side? My passenger seat rattles too - bloody annoying!

Reaction score
Yeah i saw his post and he just said he banged his towards the door? but i think that could have been a different type of rattle if there is such a thing. Mine seems to only do it over a bigg-ish bump and the seat seems to move a bit. Theres going to be lots of banging tonight when i get home, and im not seeing my GF either :lol: :oops:

Its annoying because i have only had it about 2 weeks, whilst driving i kept on looking at the passenger seat and thinking 'thats looks like its moving a lot, thank god its not rattling! #-o

Reaction score
Well my Trophy must be magic as it seems to have cured the rattling all by itself.

Reaction score
No this is the same problem passenger seat handle rattle along with 2 halves of a white ball bearing!

The rattle will dissapear if you have the seat further back on the rails or like wisebang the handle itself towards the door then the handle becomes solid. Mine still is and its been a good 3 weeks now!

Reaction score
I havent moved mine. If it does it again i will do this

Reaction score
Boing!

Mine is rattling and the top (moveable) section of the seat actually wobbles through a couple of inches whereas the driver's one does not.

Can this be fixed by power ranger's approach? It would seem to my mind that something is loose inside, and I ain't taking the seat off!

Jay

Reaction score
I had the same problem around a year ago. Renault claimed they greased up the runners, but fair play to them as its never rattled since.