Putting original steering wheel back on and re-connecting airbag

Reaction score
Hi all

I yesterday bought 7MAT's 182 Trophy yesterday. My other half wants the standard wheel bag on for safety (airbag).

should I disconnect the battery and reconnect and bolt on the original wheel and then reconnect the battery.

I am worried about connecting it incorrectly and then the airbag going off.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
depends on how he had bypassed them. Correct way is to have Renault connect their 'clip' and disable steering wheel airbag. other way is to insert a 3 ohm resistor into the connector so ecu still thinks airbag is still present.

Reaction score
depends on how he had bypassed them. Correct way is to have Renault connect their 'clip' and disable steering wheel airbag. other way is to insert a 3 ohm resistor into the connector so ecu still thinks airbag is still present.

Both airbag connectors had resistors in. I did notice when connecting them back up the connector when pushing on didn't clip of have any resistance as in the terminals in the connectors (poss bent by resistor bypass)

Also my cruise connector has broken. Altogether there were four connectors cruise, airbag x 2 and horn.

I assume I will need to replace the clock spring to sort out the broken cruise wiring? Do I just need a standard 182 clock spring.

Would it be usual for abs, airbag, serv and traction light to come on???

Reaction score
I do seem to remember seeing jackpot lights when I took my passenger seat out before bypassing with resistor. Depending on how accessible would try replacing resistors to make sure everything ok