Prices...

XYW

Reaction score
Following on from the 'Trophy for Life' thread, how do people think prices are going to go over the next couple of years? Obviously there will be a slight fall after warranties expire etc. but will they drop to FF182 examples?

I'm in the market at the moment, probably looking to run one for 18months and put 20k miles on it. I just dont want to get too stung on prices.

Would you expect the prices to plateau slightly now that the impact of the 197 being available has worn off slightly?

Peoples thoughts would be interesting...

Reaction score
Due to the car being a limited edition, to an extent, the prices can be set by the owners. The Trophy is a highly regarded 'hot hatch' (as it should be) and to someone who wants one it's worth every penny of 10k + for a well maintained example.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i can't ever see them dropping below around £6k - they'll platue and then the prices will start to climb again.... may take 20 years but i'm hopping on making money on 274 if i ever do sell. :)

Reaction score
Cue: you have a point, I benchmark the car against UK DC2 Integra - see what they continue to make. Also 51 plate Civic Type Rs make over £6000 even private sale with 70000+ mls.

Max

Reaction score
Cue said:
i can't ever see them dropping below around £6k - they'll platue and then the prices will start to climb again.... may take 20 years but i'm hopping on making money on 274 if i ever do sell. :)

Totally agree Cue.

Reaction score
One of the strongest points has to be that the Trophy is the last of the real hot hatches. ie the new breed are fat and lets face it not that fantastic to drive. Any decent ones are turboed and drink super like its going out of fashion.
For someone who knows, a good Trophy will always command a decent price and I agree with CUE £6000 bottom for a good car in the future ,and as they become scarcer then values will harden. Just look at the price a good RS Focus or DC Integra makes, both good cars that were limited production models.

Reaction score
Ford Focus RS was a run of around 5000 and the number of DC2s in the UK is pretty high too due to imports. Someone with a bit more knowledge might be able to shed some light on this.

RS500 Cosworth - now that was a proper Limited Edition. I know Fords seems to have a bit more a cult following but do you think the Trophy will hold its value as well as that in say 20 years time?

Reaction score
I think you have to look at prevoius Renaults ie Clio Williams. A really good Williams 3 with 60K is worth around the 4k and that is for a 13 year old car.
The Trophy is better built and not as fragile so I would expect is to bottom out at around 6K for a good car.
It is never going to be a RS500.