Reaction score
=D> ....i think people are finally starting to realise trophy's are amazing cars and people can't keep selling them for peanuts!!...mine was £9k last september there is no way on earth i would let it go for under £7k especially as it took me over 8 months to source such a minter (093)

Reaction score
i think quite alot of people who are struggling financially are selling any assets they may have to cover the costs of loans and other financial agreements they have....but lets hope most trophy owners don't need to :)

Reaction score
I'm now valuing Trophys commensurate with the cost of any prep. 36k + Aux Belt, Discs and pads, Damper debuild. That little lot could be £1250 before tyres, alloy refurbs, superficial paint, splitter missing etc... You can see why emphasis now on R26 / R27. Retailing Trophys is a charity job now!

Watch out if you're buying a Trophy as i have had them recently with a newish MOT but soft dampers and knackered discs.

kam

Reaction score
I'm hoping I picked mine up at the bottom end.

One of the main reasons for buying was a good friend gave a me a heads up that Evo were going to be doing the future classics article and the Trophy was featured.

I've noticed since the Evo print the cars have stabilised around 7k but hopefully they'll creep up during the summer.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
I'm now valuing Trophys commensurate with the cost of any prep. 36k + Aux Belt, Discs and pads, Damper debuild. That little lot could be £1250 before tyres, alloy refurbs, superficial paint, splitter missing etc... You can see why emphasis now on R26 / R27. Retailing Trophys is a charity job now!

Watch out if you're buying a Trophy as i have had them recently with a newish MOT but soft dampers and knackered discs.

So you're being altruistic in all those "Wanted" adverts on Autotrader and eBay then? :? :lol:
Are you valuing 36k service (including aux belt), discs and pads at £900?! No way does it cost that much!

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
artdealer said:

So you're being altruistic in all those "Wanted" adverts on Autotrader and eBay then? :? :lol:
Are you valuing 36k service (including aux belt), discs and pads at £900?! No way does it cost that much!

He's just looking after his £1500/car profit margin :wink:

Reaction score
Having just thrown away a few thousand pounds prepping the last few Trophy's I'd decided to eBay and trade auction them from now on. So you'll see what they are really worth from the selling prices.

Beware anyone buying Trophys, there are so many coming up for sale with expensive prep required.

A mint low mileage car with nothing to spend will command a good price, otherwise not.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ouch. That told us :)

I have to say it was always comforting to see you retailing AND selling T's at a reasonable price.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
Having just thrown away a few thousand pounds prepping the last few Trophy's I'd decided to eBay and trade auction them from now on. So you'll see what they are really worth from the selling prices.

Beware anyone buying Trophys, there are so many coming up for sale with expensive prep required.

A mint low mileage car with nothing to spend will command a good price, otherwise not.

I am going to refurb the shocks, replace the rear discs (fronts get replaced every 8k with the front pads), put 4 new tyres on and for £250 cash have the bonnet and front bumper resprayed.

I am going to keep it after the finance is repaid and purchase another car (probably an RS Focus). If I have the Trophy nobody else will :twisted: .

Reaction score
Rexina182 said:
artdealer said:

I am going to refurb the shocks, replace the rear discs (fronts get replaced every 8k with the front pads), put 4 new tyres on and for £250 cash have the bonnet and front bumper resprayed.

I am going to keep it after the finance is repaid and purchase another car (probably an RS Focus). If have the Trophy nobody else will :twisted: .

A man on a mission! Keep it up Rex

Reaction score
Too right. The Trophy is simply fantastic. You can never tire of the way it rushes round corners. It never fails to make you smile. Yes the shockers need refurbishing (even though mine are showing no signs of fatigue - I'll have them done anyway) and yes stone chips are a pain to repair. But it's an absolute dream car to own.

Can anybody think of a better hot hatch 'out of the box' released in the last 5 years?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can anybody think of a better hot hatch 'out of the box' released in the last 5 years?

Ive been thinking of this for a while now. I honestly cant think of a hot hatch that I would replace the Trophy with . . .

I love it with a passion ! :D

Reaction score
That's the whole point - you love it with a passion. I think my car is actually sexier and more lovely than my girlfriend and she is a hot personal trainer.

Essentially I'm having an affair with my car.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I could happily trade my GF in for a newer model, but not the Trophy !

Reaction score
BenG said:

Ive been thinking of this for a while now. I honestly cant think of a hot hatch that I would replace the Trophy with . . .

I love it with a passion ! :D

No mods 197 Cup will give the Trophy a run for it's money.

On track std vs std the brakes on the trophy will give up laps before the huge 197 brakes.

Awaits the slating :D

Ajr

Reaction score
I've fallen out of love with my trophy, it's a moneypit! And has given me no end of hassle recently.

I can't understand why a low mileage example will command a better price than a trophy with more miles but the major work done, the low mileage car will still need the work doing in the near future, and will have probably had a harder life having just been used for track and thrashing, instead of just daily driving to work and back...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No mods 197 Cup will give the Trophy a run for it's money.

On track std vs std the brakes on the trophy will give up laps before the huge 197 brakes.

Awaits the slating

Shouldnt you be posting over on CS now you dont own a Trophy :) 197 FTW and all that lot.

Its a fair comment, Also I would have to stop and be sick after you pass me becuase of the foul looks of the 197.