Reaction score
hi everyone,

not posted for a while. Number 231 currently sorned (since Nov). Will be taxed, MOT'd and cambelt service early August. Mileage is currently 28,500, two owners inc. me. Just sorting a f/f rear seat too. Car is completeley standard apart from this.
I was discussing mayb selling up as really not sure about two cars anymore. Gonna see how big the smile is when its on the road.
What are trophys going for with this kind a mileage as not many come up. And no dampers not done but look fine and seem ok when 'bounced'. The car really is in great condition and wears zymol glasur 5 layers thick.
The main reason for this train of thought is meg r26s are more practical and little bigger.
No pics as its not a for sale thread just a little update on 231 with a ' whats it worth' thrown in for good measure.

cheers simon

Reaction score
I think the main issue will be the dampers as most potential buyers will want them done. My Trophy is higher miles than yours (almost 42k) and although otherwise lovely condition I haven't refurbed the dampers either as there doesn't seem anything wrong with them when driven and when manually "bounced" as you say. I don't have £500 to just throw at a potential non-issue especially when there are no guarantees of the refurb longevity as far as I've read.

In my opinion I'd say you'd get interest at £6.5k even without dampers refurbed.

Reaction score
Hi Simon,

What rear seat is in the car at the moment?
How quickly are you looking to sell?

Thanks,
MaKS

Reaction score
It will have the standard Trophy pikey bench in it i would have thought.

182 FF ones are leather/alcantara so match the Recaros.

Reaction score
It will have the standard Trophy pikey bench in it i would have thought.

182 FF ones are leather/alcantara so match the Recaros.

Ah thanks.

Just wondered if Simon meant, he is sorting a factory fitted rear seat or he is sorting a full fat rear seat.

Reaction score
hi,

just got standard rear in at minute, which will be kept by me, and its having an f/f in its place. That ll be the only mod. I was looking at the prices off the r26 s which basically led to my question on price for 231. Prices seem so up and down. Ive been asked to sell for someone to use as a track toy and by my neighbours friend (182 cup) boy racer!! Plus two cars is not cheap.

simon

Reaction score
Trophy No.
My guess at a figure would be to advertise for £7.2k

Prices took a dip but then seem to have levelled out again.

+ not many with that mileage nowadays
- its a 7 year old small french car

Reaction score
My guess at a figure would be to advertise for £7.2k

Prices took a dip but then seem to have levelled out again.

+ not many with that mileage nowadays
- its a 7 year old small french car

£7200 would make it the most expensive Trophy on sale by some margin. Including 2 other cars, one with 28k miles and another with 22k miles.
It is all well and good starting high and letting the buyer negotiate you down. That is 101 of all good trades, but I think a price this high would put buyers off even contacting Simon since there is nowhere to negotiate to without fear of offence.

If I already owned a Trophy I would try to do the same thing as aucky though. Try and keep prices high so that the value of my property does not drop. The price is only as buoyant as the cheapest Trophy because this is the one that buyers will be looking at and comparing to yours.

At £7200 you are also deep into Megane R26 and Clio R27 F1 territory. Now before you all jump on me, I know they are not Trophy's. I understand that otherwise I would not be on here and would not be looking to purchase a car myself. But the fact remains these cars are newer.

To be honest, I don't think you can ask for more than £6500 for any Trophy out there right now and that would have to be a prestine example with very low miles. Without seeing Simon's car I cannot comment on it's condition but I believe to take £6500 as a starting price would be about right.

Reaction score
hi all,

I think all your comments are valid and thanks for posting. I believe that people ( maybe uneducated!) see the trophy as a 7 year old slightly sporty clio in in a different colour to the rest. They wonder why there is such a premium over a 182/172 cup etc.
In the current climate trophys are maybe only worth 6500ish tops. Due to the fact so many are priced 'to sell', thus driving the price of the top end trophys down.
What people wanting a good one have to ask themselves is can they justify paying more. There seems lots for sale and a friend of mine looked at two travelling some distance. On return he said they drove like 7 year old cars and just ' did not look as good as mine'. Not 'bigging' mine up for a pre sale just what I was told.
To me is the trophy worth it. Yes and no. To keep it like it is I have bought a second car thus 2 x Mot etc etc. Therefore an R26 is a viable, usable option. I would not feel guilty raking up 17k miles up and down motorways.
I had a recaro'd 182 f/f before and there is a differnece between the two cars, I dont drive the T anywhere near the limit to fully appreciate this though. My joy comes from the looks and the, whats that, it looks a bit special etc etc.
In short is 6500 to cheap, 7200 to dear. Depends what your after, how far your willing to travel and how bored you are at looking at immaculate 'trophys'.
Anyway thanks for reading and posting, ill post pictures mid August and if for sale advertise on here (9k ono) lol!!!

cheers simon