Reaction score
im after a decat! whos got one on? do they give you some sweet pops and kick flames out, my 106 GTi was class for it with one on!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Mine popped a bit when cold but only lasted a few seconds and then wouldn't do it again until the next morning.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
you'd only get flames generally if running with forced induction as it's the after run burn of the fuel that lights up..... strange to see it on n/a engines.

I run a decat but not sure if i get this though... never driven behind the car.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cue said:
you'd only get flames generally if running with forced induction as it's the after run burn of the fuel that lights up..... strange to see it on n/a engines.

I run a decat but not sure if i get this though... never driven behind the car.

Be impressive trick if you could drive the car from behind it. :lol:

I can hear mine rumbling under the car, don't think its spits anything out the back though.

Reaction score
i had a 106 GTi Prior to this and it was a standard exhasut with a decat and i could get it to bang and pop all the time

Reaction score
From my experience you'll only get some good flameage with some very aggressive ECU mapping i.e. a mental grp-N remap or an Omex ECU with throttle bodies.

Just stick with the noise!

Reaction score
My Trophy is running a de-cat pipe and it used to pop quite a lot when it was first started up and cold. Since its been remapped by RS Tuning no more pops.... but more power, can't have everything I guess :)