G

Hi all,

After picking up the Trophy about 2 weeks ago now, I've finally had time to start a Trophy #383 thread after driving with a :mrgreen: everywhere

So here are some pics that I took when I first got the car home:

th_1stnight.gif

then I gave the car a good wash/wax after coming back from Sherbourne, the car was very muddy and had tar spots all over it... :?

th_DSC06500.gif

th_DSC06496.gif

K-Tec Racing CF front splitter
th_DSC06498.gif

th_DSC06512.gif

th_DSC06494.gif

Comfy Recaros! :D
th_DSC06503.gif

The current line up of my cars (DC2 getting replaced by the Trophy v.soon)
th_DSC06517.gif

th_DSC06515.gif

And thats it for the time being....

Future plans are:

-Putting my own private reg onto the Trophy
-K-Tec racing Panel Filter
-Prospeed 2.5" exhaust system with CAT mod (standard renault is rotting and rusting up...)
-K-Tec Racing Group N Engine Mounts (finding too much engine movements)
-Poly bushes for the dogbone mount (finding too much gearstick/gear box movement)
-JMS remap with AV removed
-Matched Inlets?

thanks for reading, I'll update the thread as things get done! :mrgreen:

nby

Reaction score
looks superb mate, loving the ITR aswell is that an import as its a facelift?

I'm liking the plans for it also as they are very similar to mine as soon as I get it back on the road that is! :lol:

G

nby said:
looks superb mate, loving the ITR aswell is that an import as its a facelift?

thanks nby, yeah its a 98 Spec JDM DC2. With the HID's, better manifold etc. Also did a few upgrades to it -Mugen Intake/Exhaust/suspension. Really made the car better with those mods. Excellent car for the weekend, but showing its age now and can be tiring to drive the thing, hence the change.

I think most of my plans are just replacing the old and tired OEM renault items for upgraded ones really. I dont see a point of just getting a standard part that doesnt seem to last very long... and I also like to tweak/improve my cars :D

Johnnytheboy said:
Looking good - continue my battle against tar!

Tell me about it Johnny, I dont remember seeing so many tar spots when I brought the car off you... :lol: but during the wash/wax, I must of spent 30 mins clearing all the little tar spots off the car with my Meguiars Stage 1 Paint Cleaner! I hope there isnt so much next time... :cry:

Reaction score
pm_air said:
Johnnytheboy said:
Looking good - continue my battle against tar!

Tell me about it Johnny, I dont remember seeing so many tar spots when I brought the car off you... :lol: but during the wash/wax, I must of spent 30 mins clearing all the little tar spots off the car with my Meguiars Stage 1 Paint Cleaner! I hope there isnt so much next time... :cry:

I used to use Autoglym tar remover on the effing boot lid under the window every time, also around the wheelarches was bad for it. I hope for your sake it's something to do with where I live.

Actually, when I took the RS to Paintshield a couple of weeks back they were moaning about how much tar I'd got on it in 400 miles!!!!

G

Johnnytheboy said:
I hope for your sake it's something to do with where I live.

I think you maybe right Johnny... Because I spent alot of time getting the tar spots off just under the boot lid as you mentioned... and also just behind the front arches ( near 2.0 16v badge) so you maybe correct!

Also your RS getting tar spots from 400 miles... it must be your area! or someone having a laugh at your expense :lol:

I will check over the car again this weekend and hopefully no tar spots [-o<

G

Its alright Tom, I no longer have tar spot issues :lol:

Also will be visiting you soon for a induction setup (road package) once I gather all my bits and bobs that need fitting! :D