Reaction score
im so close to getting my trophy but its just failed its MOT on emmissions test,(being too high)
the garage are not telling me anything as im a girl and think im stupid

how serious is this as im going to be driving this everyday and as i keep saying im a girl dont want a dangerous car or an un reliable 1 thats been ragged b4 i had it.

it 05 plate, 34,00 miles and 1 owner b4 me.

what u guys think????
truth i dont mind iv got a good car as it is and didnt really wanna sell but then i did and now ive gone totally off the idea.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Depends why it's failed the emisions test, if it's got the original cat and exhaust it should pass easily so you should probably beware, but it could be because someone has put something aftermarket on there. ASK.

Have you driven this car yet?

Reaction score
Sounds pretty dodgy, unless as hoolio says it's been modified.

Mind you, looking at your other threads really wondering why you're so keen on a Trophy.

If you insist, though, I'd try to go for one that's known on here, at least you'll be buying from a genuine enthusiast who's looked after it lovingly and where the car's past is known.

Have a chat with artdealer, he's got 2 now which look good and I reckon you can't go wrong with him, but there's some private sales which look tempting right now too.

Why bother with one where you have nothing on it's history?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
it should only fail if the cat has been changed - how much did it fail by?

you could try the trick of getting the cat really hot by driving like a hooligan in 1st gear everywhere before the test.

Reaction score
it was a faulty lambda sensor was fixed and re tested at renault and i pikd it up2day,amazing!