Reaction score
I have recently had my fleet of cars permagarded (full works inside and out, including glass treatment which i am delighted with!) but i one small issue/question to ask

" what screen wash to use?"

the blokes at peramard have said use a decent alcohol based sceen wash but i was simply wondering what you guys (seen as so may people have had the treatemnt on here) use?
i am finding it a little smeery (if thats how you spell it) when using the washers, i currently have halford advance screen wash (bright green stuff) in there but there is no mension of alcohol on the back of the container.

anyway any tips would be appreciated

Reaction score
I use the Autoglym screen wash, but my glass isnt permagarded! its good stuff, not as cheap as a lot tho!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i didn't have the glass treatment although i'm told you don/t need to use wiper with it on. My dad had his done with the screen treatment and it's fine when he uses wipers, that's just got whatever the dealer puts in it.

Reaction score
I just had mine done, and thankfully since I had it done it hasn't rained, so it still all looks brilliant.

Mike in London said to me that at the moment they are suggesting to people to put half a cap of the 'screen wash' into plain water in the washer and this should be sufficient to clean it. I assume that in a similar way to the overall car surface, the screen cleaner properties prevent too much muck from sticking... I am tempted to drain my screen wash of all the other stuff in it (standard reno stuff) and try the new method. Will decide soon and let you all know.

In summary, if you have had the windows done, use the half-cap method me thinks.
Glen

Reaction score
Cue said:
i didn't have the glass treatment although i'm told you don/t need to use wiper with it on. My dad had his done with the screen treatment and it's fine when he uses wipers, that's just got whatever the dealer puts in it.

yes when its raining the use of my wipers has been reduced at least 50% its great stuff

Reaction score
AWESOM-O 4000 said:
I just had mine done, and thankfully since I had it done it hasn't rained, so it still all looks brilliant.

Mike in London said to me that at the moment they are suggesting to people to put half a cap of the 'screen wash' into plain water in the washer and this should be sufficient to clean it. I assume that in a similar way to the overall car surface, the screen cleaner properties prevent too much muck from sticking... I am tempted to drain my screen wash of all the other stuff in it (standard reno stuff) and try the new method. Will decide soon and let you all know.

In summary, if you have had the windows done, use the half-cap method me thinks.
Glen

yes thats what he told me, may be try some dear screen wash and if that doesn't work try the half cap mike method after i have drained the system

cheers andrew

Reaction score
The glass treatment really doesn't last long, mine has completely gone now, I'd put just water in the wash until it's gone otherwise you'll only make it disappear even quicker. Why can't they put the same stuff on the glass because that lasts for ages and is obviously clear?

Reaction score
i bought some of the summer advanced halfords screen wash today (bright pink :roll: ) and flushed the system and its loads better now no more streeks!! one happy man!