Reaction score
hi all, im just after a little info, im looking at a new type r and they have given me a figure for my trophy. but it doesnt seem enough.. its an 05 32k mileage mint condition any ideas on a value?

cheers

Reaction score
I got offerred 9k against an 05 Golg gti and 9.250 against a megane the other week.

Mine has only done 16k though.

Try punt it privately on pistonheads.

Reaction score
I got offerred £9k cash by Renault with 28k miles.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
true value (i.e. not the stupid prices that are being advertised at the moment) would be around the £10k mark. Knowing what my brother-in-law got offered by a main honda dealer for his mint condition type-r with only 8k on the clock i bet they'll have probably said something like 7.5k to you for the trophy.

Also, are you covered under the mental health act.... why would you go from a trophy to a type r???? They're slower, cost more, handle worse and have a lower MPG output.....

The only thing that it's better for is they have bullet proof reliability. There's as much leg room in the back as the Trophy as the have similar Recaro seats to ours... Really if you're getting rid of the Trophy to go to a more modern car, get a Jap Coupe version, more power, better looking, cooler and they have the LSD so should handle pretty well.

Reaction score
HA ha ha Cue!!!

That is excellent - was thinking similar but don't have bottle to type!!

New Jap one is lovely but litchfield want 22k!! It only costs 12 in Japan.

Reaction score
why are you buying a slower,more common,overated car...?
nobody seems to have anything good to say about it,and from a design point of view it looks dated already... :!:
not an option i would choose,but each to their own..

Reaction score
hi gents my main problem with the clio is its falling apart around me, its an awsome car and i love it. but i also have to except its poo in certain areas aswell... time for a change.

Reaction score
I get your point to change.

However I think what everyone is saying is that if you do want to change then at least go to something as good or better than the Trophy. Not backwards!

The new UK Civic Type R is widely regarded as the worst Type R, ever!

O.

Reaction score
Erm, have you thought about a DC2, maybe? Doesn't have the problems of being slower and less fun to drive, it's as reliable as a performance car can be and looks quite nice parked in the sunshine too. I also paid off my overdraft with the change and told Lloyds TSB to go fu(k themselves.

Sorry guys, I'm running away and hiding right now...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
Erm, have you thought about a DC2, maybe? Doesn't have the problems of being slower and less fun to drive, it's as reliable as a performance car can be and looks quite nice parked in the sunshine too. I also paid off my overdraft with the change and told Lloyds TSB to go fu(k themselves.

Oi, we'll have no preaching of false gods on here.much as i like the DC2

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Steve said:

Oi, we'll have no preaching of false gods on here.much as i like the DC2

Steve, don't make me come round and steal your keyboard! [-X

Reaction score
Cue said:
Really if you're getting rid of the Trophy to go to a more modern car, get a Jap Coupe version, more power, better looking, cooler and they have the LSD so should handle pretty well.

There is no JDM Coupe CIvic Type R :wink:

FD2 is 4 door salon.

Miguel @ NewEra imports can do one for £21550 OTR :twisted:

Reaction score
son of solo said:
but hasnt there been loads of issues with the type r build quality ?

I don't doubt it with the Swindon built cars, but the FD2 will not suffer like this.
All Honda's manufactured in Japan never seem to suffer.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SpaceMonkey said:
Cue said:
Really if you're getting rid of the Trophy to go to a more modern car, get a Jap Coupe version, more power, better looking, cooler and they have the LSD so should handle pretty well.

There is no JDM Coupe CIvic Type R :wink:

FD2 is 4 door salon.

Miguel @ NewEra imports can do one for £21550 OTR :twisted:

really, i didn't notice the rear doors....

Reaction score
Cue said:
really, i didn't notice the rear doors....

Yup :wink:

67774855.jpg

Think the same basic shape as the Honda Civic Hybrids you see the police driving here, but with the obvious tweaks above & below the skin.

Reaction score
Have you driven the new type-r? Its a fantastic car much better than the old one in my opinion!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
compared to the trophy it's a rolly polly wannabe. I test drove one about 4 months back - just after they'd come out. I thought that it was slightly slower than the Trophy, didn't seem to be able the curves anywhere near as well. I'd love the engine in the Trophy though...