Reaction score
Hi
I have recently adopted my VERY kind boyfriends Trophy as he has been given a company car. I comute into Stockport town centre Monday to Friday and park in a residentail area and get picked up and taken into work. However, I've recently found out double yellow lines will be applied within the next month. I've worked in Stockport for the last 3 years and no very well that there is nowhere to park apart from very expensive car parks and dodgy spots I'm not willing to leave my new baby in either!!
Can anybody out there recommend or know of a safe free place near the delightful Stockport?
Any help would be most greatfully received !
Thanks

PS. Train and Bus are unfortunatley not an option

:roll: :roll:

Reaction score
Welcome!

How about changing job or moving house? :)

O.

Reaction score
Welcome Annie, firstly; has your boyfriend registered the car on here? If not post in the Owner's Register with your number as the title, thanks.

In answer to your question, I would have to know more specifics but there must be a safe spot somewhere nearby, then just walk the rest. Do they run a park and ride scheme in Stockport? Other than that I would suggest leaving the Trophy as a weekend toy and getting your CBT and a Vespa!

Reaction score
Yep he's registered #473, and 'my' Trophy becomes his weekend toy ! Moving house is not really an option though moving job my very well be the way forward !

Reaction score
Annie - how about driving all the way to work instead?

Although a new job could be exciting!!! :)

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
where about's in stockport are you thinking off, near the Pyramid? are you looking for free spots or paid for?

Reaction score
Pref free, near the Lambo Garage. I get to Stockport around 9.20 need to be at work for 9:30 so can only manage a 10 min walk. Can't set off any earlier as have to drop my little girl at school for 8:50. Think I might just retire !!! :wink: :cry:

Max

Reaction score
Take a trip to local motor auction and buy something disposable for £500ish. It's very liberating driving a car you don't care about. You can park it anywhere.

Day

Reaction score
I hate people who park outside my house because they wont pay a £1.20 park and ride fee :(

Day

Reaction score
Free accomodation = no garage Steve.

Only downside

Could get a dropped kerb :twisted:

Reaction score
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:34 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""I hate people who park outside my house because they wont pay a £1.20 park and ride fee""

We don't have park and ride, the car parks are in excess of £5.00 a day! I don't like people that have too much time on their hands that when I park on a public road with a taxed car they threaten to key it. :shock:
If I had the option of a bus or train I would use it.
Looks like retirement it is, oh well all those long summer days on the Cat and Fiddle here I come :D [/quote]

Reaction score
Well said Annie and just ignore Day, he's getting grumpy in his old age and is just jealous 'cause he doesn't have a Trophy to try and park every day.

Day

Reaction score
I think I have a valid point even so.

Until people park outside your home causing a nuicence you can't really comment.

Reaction score
Day said:

Until people park outside your home causing a nuicence you can't really comment.

The council here just made my area a restricted residents only area. Works well in my opinion. Why should I pay more for a house close to good transport links for others to live far away but then use my street for their own convenience, at my cost? :)

I do pity those who use to use our street for parking though... they must be really screwed now!

O.

Reaction score
Day said:

I agree completely.
Try living between a pub and a school with no off street parking.
A mother once left the hand brake off on her Zafira outside my house and it rolled into my van. She almost lost me my job cos she said I'd parked against her bumper and reported me. *itch :!:

Reaction score
I've lived in an area during the imposition of controlled parking. The residents by and large were well up for it....until it happened.

Because the bays were marked out very conservatively, the reduction in capacity was such that there didn't seem like there was any relief in the parking situation for residents.

Admittedly part of the prroblem was that most of the bays were three cars long, but some numpty residents would park 1/2 a car's length from the end of a bay, meaning there was only room for one more car. The next person to park would therefore not bother parking right at the other end, so even when the first person moved there was still only room for two. :evil:

Plus, we got super-zealous traffic wardens who would ticket our visitors while they knocked on our doors to get a temporary permit, or in my case when my permit fell off in the night and landed (the right way up) on my passenger seat. W@nkers.

Reaction score
I can't wait to move house and have a drive and garage.

Just got to find one first :( :!:

Reaction score
I live in a small village with two primary schools and two pubs which all use our PUBLIC street to park in. The apartments we live in each have two spaces allocated which get used by whoever gets there first. I am well aware how inconsiderate people can be and would never park my car where it would cause an obstruction or make peoples live a pain in the ass. I'm just looking to earn a living whilst run a family and park mine and my boyfriends hard earned cars where some scutter will not damage it because thier petty or jelous.
Like I said I'll just retire and play all day 8)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Blimey, Annie only asked a question, think everyone has missed the point, she wants somewhere safe to leave it OFF the street.