Parcel shelf

Reaction score
Trophy No.
20240308_164819.jpg

Does anybody have any experience having their parcel shelf repaired and retrimmed?
I've bought a spare off ebay and it was cheap and so is the quality because there was no mention of the damage.
It's split it the middle on both the front and rear edge which doesn't show up in the picture but I don't want to throw it away or return it due to cost.
I'm livid with how rubbish this item is now its turned up but my old one rattles when driving and I'm thinking that i can get this one repaired and keep the original.
Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can’t help with the above but I think it was Frayz who had a fix for a rattly parcel shelf in his main 182 thread.

btw, if it not as advertised you should not incur return costs or at least negotiate a discount.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can’t help with the above but I think it was Frayz who had a fix for a rattly parcel shelf in his main 182 thread.

btw, if it not as advertised you should not incur return costs or at least negotiate a discount.
I did send quite a few large descriptive messages saying what the damage is and that it wasn't as described but all I get is if your not happy just return it.
I even said if I was to get a partial refund I could use it towards the repair but he still isn't interested.
Would you be able to post a link to the rattly parcel shelf fix

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did send quite a few large descriptive messages saying what the damage is and that it wasn't as described but all I get is if your not happy just return it.
I even said if I was to get a partial refund I could use it towards the repair but he still isn't interested.
Would you be able to post a link to the rattly parcel shelf fix
Here you go, not very OE but if you are clever you should be able to keep it hidden.

Get EBay involved, they will almost def come out on your side and PayPal if you used them are another option, you have nothing to lose. The seller is pulling a fast one, f*%€ him over back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wont let me add the link to my first post, weird.

Nor this one it seems so go to search. Enter Parcel shelf in the search box and Frayz in the member box, hit search and click on the link that comes up.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Wont let me add the link to my first post, weird.

Nor this one it seems so go to search. Enter Parcel shelf in the search box and Frayz in the member box, hit search and click on the link that comes up.
I've just had a read of it and he put some velcro strips on the underside of the parcel shelf and fitted some new tailgate rubbers. It's given me some food for thought on how to tackle the rattle now.
Thanks for your help 👍

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought a fuel hose from euros, made an incision with a Stanley knife and attached it the the ends of the parcel shelf. Works a treat and completely hidden when the boot is shut

Reaction score
I've got a similar rattle on my 182, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to try a 172 parcel shelf, it's little known, but the 182s had a flimsier parcel shelf without a reinforcement bar all along the back.