Reaction score
Popped along to have my Paradas fitted this luncheon time.

All was going well & the lads were being extra careful with my wheels so not to mark them.
A guy turned up to pick up his Lambo wheels having just been fitted with fresh rubber, anyways he managed to knock one of my wheels face side down in the process :shock:

He didn't mention it to anyone but one of the lads saw him & by the time he went to talk to him about it he had left.

So the boss down there came & spoke to me & they look like they have some stone chips on a couple of the spokes. But offered to have the wheel refurbed for me (Will be billing the Lambo owning arse's account & having a word).

Now I'm a bit worried about the colour match...BUT it happened to be the only wheel with a stone chip on it already & was on my "To do" list to be refurbed anyways.

Also got a wee bit off the tyres & came out all in @ £305.50 :D

Reaction score
Somebody that can afford a Lambo isn't even honest enough to own up when he's been a malco twat and scuffed your wheel?

Probably jealous because you beat him in the EVO car of the year!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that mishap - although it might work out ok if it was on your 'to do' list anyway. Just make sure you get he refurb done at a 'decent' place and voice your concerns about colour matching to them beforehand.

So whats the initial impressions of the Parada's?

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Sorry to hear about that mishap - although it might work out ok if it was on your 'to do' list anyway. Just make sure you get he refurb done at a 'decent' place and voice your concerns about colour matching to them beforehand.

So whats the initial impressions of the Parada's?

Thats the way I'm trying to look @ it tbh Luke :wink:
Every cloud & all that.....

I've already mentioned the colour match & will telling them again when I drop the wheel off.
If I'm not happy he'll be having it back of paying for the other 3 to be done to match.

Intially the Paradas seem nice, although I will getting the car out of the garage tonight or tomorrow evening for a proper bedding in & push on.

:lol: Never thought of that Steve

Reaction score
Cue said:
if your not happy with the colour match i'd force them the get you a new wheel!

Another option Cue :wink: Well done that man

Reaction score
I needed to get my tyres sorted on monday, and bottled it and went for the PE2's again. I'd be really interested to here your ongoing opinions of the paradas although I'm sure just about anything would be better than the knackered Michelins I took of my car!

Reaction score
Well I gave the tyres a bit of a push Friday evening & I've got to say I'm impressed....ALOT!!! 8)

Decided to go for a decent drive Friday evening as I knew no one would really be on the road. So went on my usual little route & had a great time.
Once up to temp they do feel very sticky compared to the PE2's.

The turn in feels immediate & the sidewalls seem very stiff. They do grip very very well & let you know when they are starting to let go. Managed to enjoy this aspect of them for about 3 laps of the Epsom Down's roundabout just keeping everything in check playing with the throttle.

So far, so good, but think things will get better as they get scrubbed up a wee bit more.
They have only done 50 ish miles so far.

I'll keep ya posted :wink:

Reaction score
Excellent news! :D Looks like I could be going for Parada's next as well then, keep us informed of your views on them, especially when you get a chance to run them in the wet! Guess they still need a few more miles to fully bed in as well...

I've had Yoko's on all my cars in the past, and loved them, but I did not want to take to big a chance and put them on the Trophy, however the PE2's IMO do flex too much, just on turn in and then during hard cornering there just feels to be a little too much movement, would prefer something a bit stiffer - no jokes please! :wink:

Reaction score
IMHO they are a nice tyre - as he said, the sidewalls are very stiff, although you do need to get a bit of heat into them to get the best out of them. Can be a bit scary in the wet sometimes too... :shock:

Reaction score
Update:

The car has done about 300 miles on the new rubber now & I have to say once up to temp I do prefer the Yokos.
You can grip very very hard with these & they let go gradually if you are trying a little too hard.

I'm yet to be treated to some real nice weather so I can get out & play properly, but pushing on with the missus in the car (No-one drives like they would if on their own with their missus in the car) they do feel a wee bit better than the PE2s imo.

I did push on once in the wet on the exit to a big open roundabout to see what they were like & the only way to describe their behaviour is like trying to push in the wet on very worn PE2s. So rubbish :lol:
But normal day to day driving in the wet is not an issue as many lead you to believe.

Another plus point is they are ALOT quieter on the motorway than the OEM rubber.
This is noticeable straight away.

Once the sun has put his hat on & I get some time, I will push on with them & report back again.

P.S. Anyone know of a decent driving road/route in Surrey (Banstead, Epsom way)?
I usually go across the Downs & towards Boxhill & back again, but getting bored of the same route time & time again.
Thanks in advance
Lee :wink:

Reaction score
I had to fit 2 continentals the other month (had a punctur and had to have what i could get) in the dry i dont think they generate as much grip but they seem loads better in damp or very wet conditions and again the car is alot quieter :)

Reaction score
Space Monkey,

Im very suprised you prefer the Paradas. I had some Yoko Parada Spec IIs on my old Golf MK4. I thought the grip in the dry was distinctly average and in the wet is like driving around on ice! I had no confidence with them at all and chopped them in for Goodyear F1's.

About them being quieter too - im not sure I had the same tyres as you now. I had them in 225/40/18 but the road noise was horrendous too. On the up side, I found that they did last quite a long time and I had a FWD diesel which usually shreds rubber for fun.

Personally I think the PE2's are fab, road noise not great, but traction in the wet is fantastic and I feel a lot more comfortable in the wet. But when these ones are bald, Im opting for the Goodyear F1's.

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Once the sun has put his hat on & I get some time, I will push on with them & report back again.

P.S. Anyone know of a decent driving road/route in Surrey (Banstead, Epsom way)?
I usually go across the Downs & towards Boxhill & back again, but getting bored of the same route time & time again.
Thanks in advance
Lee :wink:

I often go driving driving in the same area! You ever done the Ranmore Common road between the A25 & A246 towards Guildford? Stunning road! If you ever want to meet up for a Sunday drive, just give me a shout! :)

Reaction score
OliS said:
I often go driving driving in the same area! You ever done the Ranmore Common road between the A25 & A246 towards Guildford? Stunning road! If you ever want to meet up for a Sunday drive, just give me a shout! :)

Cheers Oli :wink:

Very good of you mate. Will take you up on it when the weather is looking a little better.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
I put a set of Parada's on in April before I went to the Ring.

In the dry, they are awesome, less road noise, more grip, stiffer sidewall. After 400 miles there and 16 laps they were still like new. None of the typical PE2 sidewall outer edge wear. They need a little warming up, but are awesome when up to temperature.

Best bit was £10 cheaper than Pe2's from mytyres too.

They are slightly less grippy in the wet, than the PE2's, but you just have to be brave with them.

31%20-%20Touris%20004320070501.jpg

153301103-O.jpg

153066701-O.jpg