Reaction score
Trophy No.
..........hi all.

Wondering what the features are over the 182 CUP or 172 CUP?

Have 2 for sale locally and seems the right time to buy.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

Reaction score
If its been serviced regular then you should be OK.

Things to check for that will cost money:-
Look out for worn exhaust mounts, this makes it rattle, loud and in my case the CAT can split. Mounts £30, CAT £££ :shock: Got mine welded.
Rear disks wear quickly. £110
Pads all round are OK. £120 for a decent set.
Ball joints wear, ball joints cheap, suspension arms £100ish. (I went for full arms).
Tyre wear, £200+ per pair.
And most important:-
Dampers are OK, get who ever you buy the car off to show you the dampers have a gap between the remote rez and the bracket, check for leaks, also push down on each side of the car, it should feel soild. Or even better still the dampers have already been referbished, :D =D> . £140ish per side.
And the cam / aux kits have been done if mileage is high,
Aux kit should have been done @ 36k or 3yrs £200ish
Cam kit and aux kit @ 72k or 5yrs, although its best to get them done early, £500ish.
I know the above add up to quite a bit but most Trophys are very well looked after and will have most of the above done, plus appart from the dampers all the above would have to be done to any 1*2 car.
Appart from that you have, Recaros, Turinis, Sach dampers, 1 of 500, (or less)? and V6 spoiler.
Use the search function for all the above and im sure you will find lots of info.
Good luck and enjoy, im sure once you have a drive in one yo will buy it, i only drove mine approx 1 mile and knew i wanted it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Excellent information, I have just had the cam belt / aux belt kits done on my 172 and not a cheap option!

Thanks again, will see what work these 2 cars have had done!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Decided to go for one very local, lovely condition and only 14k on the clock. Engine looked mint and very nice drive.