Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
hoolio said:
Renaultsport said:
Ill see if i can get a picture of mine now. doesnt rattle there anymore even if i am lazy with the revs! :roll:

RS, did you have any joy with these, mine seems to have got a little worse :evil:

BTW, from the looks of your avatar you've got a really sh*t cameraphone :wink:

I'll get under the car this weekend and take some pics. I though at the time i'll take some pictures but then I didn't think I'd need them so didn't bother... Wrong! #-o

What!? Your saying yours isn't pink either!? I've been had! LOL :roll:

I was bored playing with PhotoShop the other night... :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
thing is you've made my trophy pink too... Not impressed #-o

Will have to do goodwood again this year

Reaction score
Right, I've found and fixed (temporarily) the 2k rattle! It was the rear head shield. One of the securing nuts towards the rear had managed to shear through the heat shield completely and part of it had also sheared where one of the exhaust mounts was located. The temporary fix was simply to bend the material out of the way so it wasn't making contact with anything else.

Next move is to have it completely removed when the rear cage is fitted by Mark Fish, as I really can't be bothered to drop the exhaust to remove it!

Reaction score
Cue said:
an easy fix its to get some larger washes - stop it from happening and can be switched in 2 mins.

Good idea, but it won't help on the torn part where the exhaust mount plate is located - I can only see that getting worse. On top of that I'm still unsure as to where the 3.5k rattle is coming from. The best I can liken it to (don't laugh) is an angry rattle snake. Could again be the heatshield or it's actually coming from within the exhaust.

Reaction score
Bringing this back from the dead again! I have had some very 'slight' issues with my orb - getting it spot on from the start was never going to happen but I got close. being a cat back system the joint at the cat was causing the main fault! could never get it to seal right :x in the end I bought another 'better' clamp and it worked a treat till now....

Also one of the tailpipes was slightly sticking out more than the other not very noticable but I wasn't happy! lol

I have just bought a decat off ebay - scorpion 192 one, only thing being now is it makes the tailpipes stick out even further! I have checked it against the CAT and it is longer?! I think I might have to do some modding this weekend! :lol:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
hoolio said:
Renaultsport said:
Ill see if i can get a picture of mine now. doesnt rattle there anymore even if i am lazy with the revs! :roll:

RS, did you have any joy with these, mine seems to have got a little worse :evil:

BTW, from the looks of your avatar you've got a really sh*t cameraphone :wink:

Hoolio - I've not forgotten about the picture. Sorry i havent got round to doing it sooner i've just had a manic few weeks.

Do you still need me to get one?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
In your own time mate :)

No really I've not investigated properly myself yet so whenever there is no massive rush.

Reaction score
Does anybody know how much you can buy the center section from Orbisoud for? I have knocked modding the decat on the head and deciding to sell it. I am wondering either to buy a whole center section or get a bispoke decat/sport cat made to perfect fit

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gibson, you still not got this exhaust sorted yet !

Why do you want a whole centre section, whats up with the one you have ?

Also, where is the cat/manifold joining piece you owe me :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well it would mean that he could opt for the loud version but its probably an expensive option/fix.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bloody right !

Yeah but how will replacing the silenced centre section with a non silenced section help with fitment ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
G'sproblem seems to stem from the fact that it doesn't have a built in cat. All the quiet and loud versions ktec supplied had this so it replacing it would be a fix. I can only assume that sagman ordered one without the inline cat to save money by utilizing the Reno one,

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So you need to buy a centre section with sports cat ? and this is one piece is it ? That wont be cheap. . .

He would be better off getting a sports cat/decat made up to fit.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG said:
So you need to buy a centre section with sports cat ? and this is one piece is it ? That wont be cheap. . .

He would be better off getting a sports cat/decat made up to fit.

I've recommended this to him as well, I've just tried to give him options, at least if he finds a price he can rule that option in or out.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I understand now. This has been the longest exhaust fitment in history, going on 3-4 weeks now. :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seems longer :( and i'm sure it does for G. I feel for him as i know how disheartened i'd probably get.