Reaction score
Hi,
Next month I think im getting a bit of a bonus from work so have decided to get an orbisoud exhaust as it is the best you can get for the trophy. Just wondering whether people think that it would be worth a 600 mile round trip just to get it fitted? Or whether getting it posted (not sure about the cost of this tho) and getting a decent company in lancashire to fit it for me.
any advice would be very welcome,
thanks

Reaction score
Is everyone getting an orbisound bar me?
This seems very unfair and i feel you should all chip in to buy me one.

:D :D

As too wether you should drive 600 miles to get it fitted? depends if you want to. I cant see it making any difference who fits it (providing you use a decent company).
Unless it effects the warrenty of the exhaust or something?

Reaction score
I'm not getting one.

If I was lucky enough to get a whacking great bonus I would though :!:

Awsome sounding exhaust.

Reaction score
tommf416 said:
...any advice would be very welcome, thanks

I did a >200 mile round trip for mine. No regrets afterwards. I was impressed with the care taken in the fitting process. Also requires two new mounting plates to be fitted, which I didn't want someone doing to my car for the first time..
Perhaps of more interest is the first back box they fitted to my car wasn't quite right alignment wise (Dave took some photos to show Orbisoud) one of the tail pipes was slightly 'on the p1ss'. Fitting chap and Dave decided changed it for another one before even asking me about it (I saw the 'goings on' through a window from reception). Basically worth the trip. The 'soundtrack' (no radio naturally) on the way home was :twisted:
Are you going for the proper version or the quieter one like me?

Reaction score
I think I am going to go for the proper one, even tho I dont really like loud exhausts. I've seen the videos of asims 182 with the orbisoud on and to me it doesnt seem to loud at all, so we will see. Is the fitting included in the £900 do you know or or is that extra on top?

Reaction score
tommf416 said:
Is the fitting included in the £900 do you know or or is that extra on top?

No, about £50 as I recall. But it was part of a larger bill :oops:

Reaction score
i have the same problem when the time comes but i think that i will travel the distance because of what neo says about the mounting plates! i think it makes sense to get it done by someone who knows what they're doing. Plus im going to get the maxogen and remap done while there hopefully. Iv got the same distance to go aswell (560 miles acording to the tomtom)! Plus the drive back will be great.

Reaction score
Anyone know where the closest place is to London to get this supplied and fitted?

Reaction score
mc45 said:
Plus the drive back will be great.

You won't regret it :twisted:
I continue to get to know my new exhaust (not many miles since purchase - new job) a hint of rumblings on over run (as in unburned fuel burning in exhaust pipes) made me smile this evening. As for the remap, your main problem will not getting knicked for speeding on the way home! As you start to play a bit...

Reaction score
Anyone got a link to a sound or video file of this exhaust? I am still undecided on it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi rich go to videoclips section, third post down. Enjoy :)

And the ninth.