Reaction score
I thought i'd ask on here as ClioSport was going to give me all sorts of silly answers.

Right the 182 is due her annual service end of Sept, done no where near the mileage, but want things kept up to date & make sure everything is as it should be.

The car will go to Mike @ RenTech after hearing nothing but praise for the man & his team.

But very tempted to change springs to Eibach Sportlines (Had them on the DC5 & they were fantastic VFM), fit an ITG panel filter & obviously use Silkolene Pro Race S oil.

Now a standard service from Mike is about £150ish
With springs & fitting, filter, oil & service this could be knocking on the door of close to £500.

What to do :?:

al

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
I thought i'd ask on here as ClioSport was going to give me all sorts of silly answers.:

You can run but you can't hide ;) lol

Reaction score
Cue said:
http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3327&highlight=right&sid=30795a4968f02e35c17586940f3b9881

this sums up my opinions.

Doesn't really help me in my lowly 182 does it nut nut :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
what in this list can't you do to a 182?

- Inlet manifold match
- ITG Panel Filter
- Cold Air Feed & Removal of acoustic valve
- Better Horn (something a kin to an alpine bus)
- Disks (Brembo Max)
- Pads
- Brake fluid – (Castrol Dot 4?/ dot 5.1)
- Orbisoud exhaust possibly the new janspeed? waiting for end of warranty.
- Remap (Live remap by RS Tuning after the 'zorst goes on)

additionally the suspension would be a good idea - dampers before spring would be my personal choice but it horses for courses.

Reaction score
Cue said:
what in this list can't you do to a 182?

Inlet manifold match
- ITG Panel Filter
- Cold Air Feed & Removal of acoustic valve
- Better Horn (something a kin to an alpine bus)
- Disks (Brembo Max)
- Pads
- Brake fluid – (Castrol Dot 4?/ dot 5.1)
- Orbisoud exhaust possibly the new janspeed? waiting for end of warranty.
- Remap (Live remap by RS Tuning after the 'zorst goes on)

additionally the suspension would be a good idea - dampers before spring would be my personal choice but it horses for courses.

Sorry mate I didn't mean it rudely

Most concerned with Eibachs tbh. Standard supension is great, but could do with a little tweaking.
My disks & pads have plenty of meat on them still. I won't bother with braided hoses as I've read that the OEM items are internally braided. Higher rated fluid is a great idea though.
Remap would be great, but would want de-cat/cat back & inlet matched before considering it tbh.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol - i didn't take offence, no worries.

i'd agree, leave the hoses. Change the brakes when they need doing. Leave the remap until last after first doing the inlet then the 'zorst.

the CAF would be a good idea to maximise the inlet performance, to be done pre remap obviously.

Not sure if the Eibachs are the best to go for - depends on the rates, and use you intend obviously. They seem fine on the Trophy but then the dampers have got a lot to do with the suspension performance.

Reaction score
thought i might as well share my take on things seeing as how Amie's 182 has been tinkered with suspension wise.

Initially she had it lowered for looks on Apex 40mm springs. Yes it looked very good but it was bloody crashy on near enough every single road surface. However, about 4000 miles ago we changed onto Eibach Sportlines.

Total transformation and i absolutely love the handling - big improvement. Obviously it's a little hard for me to compare over standard suspension as i've never really driven a standard 182FF. However, i don't think you will be disappointed with making the change. Slight drop on standard height too, but nothing too mad. Don't know where you are fella, but you're more than welcome to come sample for yourself if you're local to us (Bedfordshire all the time but we're in Northants on a Sunday regularly for Sunday lunch round her folks)

Buy the springs from Demon Tweeks and you'll get CS discount, we paid about 40quid for them to be fitted.

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies guys :wink:

Cue - Engine wise she'll stay as she is probably till new year, I might spoil her then to inlet match, de-cat & remap. Just don't tell the missus.....shhhhh.

Funly - Thank you very very much for the offer mate, I do really appreciate it :wink:
But I'm miles & miles away unfortunately.
My is the CUP'd 182FF, so as you know slightly different suspension, but the Eibachs I had on my DC5 were perfect!!!
Slightly lower, but progressive (like the Sportlines) so the harder you push the better they got. Just feel the OEM suspension is lacking when pushing hard & hoping the Sportlines will help.
I've thought about trying to fit them myself tbh. My dad's neighbour is a good bloke & mechanic & would gladly help if I got stuck.

Reaction score
I think you'd be fine with the Eibachs - i've had them fitted to cars in the past and have been very impressed. A good quality piece of kit. I'd pretty much echo Gareths comments above and agree the fact they are progressive is good also.

Reaction score
I was going to say Lee, change the oil and filter yourself as it's pretty straight forward on a 182 (read the guide on here) that way it costs you £50 and you have more to spend on the suspension set-up, of which I have nothing to add.

Reaction score
Cheers CHL & Steve :wink:

Only reason I want the work done @ Ren-Tech is I want to make sure all is it should be & the history is up to date in the book.
Oil & filter change is a piece of pish, but means the book won't be stamped :cry:

Think I'm gonna bite the bullet & get it all done.
Just gotta source my Eibachs, Air Filter (CHL I'll let you know by the end of the day mate & will PM asap anyways) & Oil now as cheap as poss :oops: :lol:

Reaction score
Just spoken to my insurance Co. about the springs & to see what additional charge there would be & they came back with....

"There will be no charge for this sir. I've dropped some notes on the file so as & when just let us know & we'll amend the policy. Thanks for the call" :shock: 8)

GOOD TIMES!!!

Reaction score
trophy176 said:
Is that with Greenlight Spacemonkey?

If it is cant wait to change over they sound cool!!!

Get a custom exhaust that is as light as le possible!!

Manifold match - speak to Ben at Angelworks or GDI.

If you dont use back seats take em out. I am considering this at moment.

Yes mate, Greenlight is the broker & the policy is with Highway (Great for the sportier car)

Tbh the exhuast will only be change when the OEM eventually rots off, but keeping the car in a garage & not going out very often in the rain, it's not suffer thus far.

Manifold match I am interested in & maybe something I persue after Xmas tbh along with remap.

I don't use the back seats tbh, don't like rear passengers.....but want to leave them in for asthetic reason.

Reaction score
Is that with Greenlight Spacemonkey?

If it is cant wait to change over they sound cool!!!

Get a custom exhaust that is as light as le possible!!

Manifold match - speak to Ben at Angelworks or GDI.

If you dont use back seats take em out. I am considering this at moment.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: mind reader - how did you know he was going to say that? lol

Removing the rear seats.... hmmm ok its a bit lighter, but a lot boomier at med - high revs.

Reaction score
Taking out the back seats is a doddle, just need two different sizes of Torx bit on the end of your screwdriver. The whole lot including jack, isofix etc. weighs about 20kg so it's maybe worth it for a trackday, but the difference it makes to your lap time/feel of the car is insignificant. The main reason is it changes the whole experience of driving it as you hear lots of road noise and it looks like a stripped out racer in your rear view mirror!

Reaction score
She is now booked in with Mike & the Team @ Ren-Tech for the 28th Sept now.

Full service using Silkolene Pro Race S Oil, ITG Panel FIlter & Eibach Sportlines.
Looking forward to the springs settling in & then seeing the difference.

I'll report back :wink: