OMP Strut Braces -

DMC

Reaction score
Just been looking at these with the idea of fitting them.

1. The front one does not bolt directly to the existing bulkhead or chassis, indeed it seems to come with self tapping (?) screws ? Secondly there's no way it fits over the existing stuff on the passenger side top mount. And of what possible value can a strut bar be that is fitted to bodywork and not the chassis, and is fitted using self tapping screws.

2. the rear one fits to the tops of the dampers ??? FFS this is at best cosmetic and at worst downright dangerous.

Did a search on here and read around and there seem to be varying views on them. Anyone give me chapter and verse on whether these things are worth fitting . My logic tells me the rear is a bad bad idea.. the front doesn't want to fit anyway.

GAaaah wish i'd read up a bit more, clearly not suited to the task they were sold for. Fed up now. :evil:

Reaction score
i wouldnt even bother with the rear one mate...its been mentioned many times on here that it offers no benefits at all...you would be better off just saving the weight.
those selftappers on the front one make it sound like a cosmetic thing...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I wouldn't bother either, you've probably seen a few posts by George k on this and i think i'm pretty right in saying that they offer no benefit and in some cases can effect the handling and characteristics of the damping in a detrimental way.

DMC

Reaction score
I've fitted both now.. the front was painful as you have to drill pilot holes in the surrounds of the top mounts.. but actually the self tappers tightened up really really well(beyond my ability to muscle them).. and the rest of the bolts also .. Now means the front strut bar is rock rock solid.. whether it effects the handling or not is another matter. Will do some road tests today and get back to you with some feedback.

the back one requires compressing the rubber bush at the top of the damper, can't be a good thing.. will report back later today.