Reaction score
Sorry to tell you that even if you dont feel any starvation it will happen on track. Was talking to someone about this the other day, and its one reason that track driving is so bad for road cars. Baffles help. Dry sump is the only way to eliminate it. Without it you will get oil surge.

Reaction score
On a side note (and a sad one at that) If you take a day trip to France for any reason, you can buy 5w 40 Mobil1 fairly cheaply in the bigger hypermarkets when you buy your booze! :oops: 5 litres worked out to about £23 iirc.

Reaction score
Cheers jon r, there's a renault dealer about 200 yards from where I'm staying in France this week, I'll pop in before my trip home tomorrow and get some cheap oil!

Reaction score
We used to work nexdoor to an international company that supplies many of the additives for fuel and oil. Their chief chemist assured us that the top quality synthetic oils are grossly over-specced for general use and that the recommended change intervals are very conservative- he did not see any reason for reducing the intervals other than in extreme conditions such has continual stop start and short runs - possibly one might add protracted hard track use.