Reaction score
Got to be honest, been lurking quite a lot on here and you all seem a good bunch of lads.

Anyway, here's some info on my car, I'll list the current spec in the first post and then I'll follow up how I've changed her since buying her last August. She's for sale by the way, and I may be tempted by a trophy, always liked them 8)

My 2001 DC5 with C Pack. Miles just keep on creeping up and I just keep having more fun!

Mod list:

Power mods:

• T1R Cat Back[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Toda Manifold[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Gruppe M[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • KPro ECU mapped by System R[/*:m:26xjycay]
Exterior:
  • Buddy Club Carbon Fibre Bonnet[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Mugen Spoiler[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in black held on by black Mugen locking nuts with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 Tyres[/*:m:26xjycay]
Suspension:
  • Spoon Rear Lower Tie Bar[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • D2 Racing Spec Coilovers[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • SPC Rear Camber Adjusting bolts[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Fully set up by Center Gravity[/*:m:26xjycay]
ICE:
  • Stinger Battery[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Focal Polyglass Components with Tweeters all round[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Pioneer P8600MP Head Unit[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • New build on going, check the ICE section for current progress.[/*:m:26xjycay]
Other:
  • Clifford Concept 650 Alarm[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • Castrol Edge 10w60 Oil[/*:m:26xjycay]
  • J's Racing Engine Torque Dampner[/*:m:26xjycay]
Coming soon:

RMB Intake Manifold
Hondata IM Gasket
Big Brake kit
Baffled Sump

Future wish list:

Cams
Toda Head Gasket
Full Proffesional Detail

Dyno:

scan.jpg

Pics:

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

Picture015-2.jpg

IMGP0818.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Reaction score
Thought I'd compose a thread about the history of my car since the day I bought it back in August '06.

Got the car and it looked something like this:

0a1f81aa.jpg

d061e9eb.jpg

Really wasn't fussed on the bumper or wheels, plus the bumper was a nightmare over speed bumps so I got rid of it. Got the original back on and then it was looking something like this:

2f770e2f.jpg

Before I managed to get rid of the wheels I fancied changing the coilovers form the TEIN Superstreet's that were on and decided to go for the D2's as I could get hold of them for a good price. So off with the old:

TEINCoilovers009.jpg

And on with the new:

coilovers013.jpg

coilovers004.jpg

Then I got the suspension set up at TGM, next was to get some new wheels. Being a bit short of cash and understandably finding it hard to get rid of them for a good price I bought some old EP3 wheels for cheap that were in a bit of a bad state. My intention was only to have them on for a couple of months and then get some buddy clubs. In between my car saw a few more changes.

It came with a DVD player, iPod adapter and Digital Radio Receiver which I didn't need (I though I'd never be so sad to watch a DVD in my car!) so I sold them all to fund some new wheels and tyres.

dvdplayer001.jpg

8fdb6899.jpg

Once these were gone I managed to find the cash for the wheels, and keeping true to my own word (not!) I went out and bought a load of computer bits. DOH!

So as I had to save again the car was looking pretty much like this for about 7 months of this year:

_MG_6964.jpg

Stu (Dotty) pointed me in the direction of some cheap wheels which he knew I was after, so after biting the bullet I decided to buy them. The tyres were the wrong profile so I had to get some new ones:

t.jpg

Bought the wheels and tyres for £350 (only about 2 months old or something, barely saw any mileage). Now I've found a buyer for the tyres for £150 so not a bad deal IMO. Got some Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres fitted to the rims and they were put on yesterday. So now the car has ended up like this:

DSC00168.jpg

Reaction score
That noise is amazing.

What 1/4 are you running with that power?

Reaction score
Thanks mate. I should be able to do around the 14 sec mark, but only done the 1/4 mile myself twice, managed two 14.6's and one 14.9, all speed were either 99 or 100 telling me that I can't launch for toffee! :lol:

Reaction score
I love your car......

wanna swap? lol!

Wheels look gread (i love pro race 1.2's)

Spoiler suits the car so well.

and I know KPRO is pretty serious stuff.

top mods, my mate has a very similar spec to you on his (blue dc5 on white wheels)

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
top mods, my mate has a very similar spec to you on his (blue dc5 on white wheels)

Rob? :wink:

What you doing lurking on here Chris?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
SpaceMonkey said:

He recognises a quality, friendly site populated by ppl who are into cars not car politics of course :wink: :)

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Matt X2C said:

Rob? :wink:

Hmm, well I've always like the Trophy mate... you never know.

Same goes for you... you've "only" got the 182 Cup :lol:

Reaction score
MilanoChris said:
Hmm, well I've always like the Trophy mate... you never know.

Same goes for you... you've "only" got the 182 Cup :lol:

Would be a decent move imo mate.

WRONG!!! Mine is CUP'd FF 182 :wink: :lol:

Reaction score
I'm waiting on my insurance renewal before I make any real decisions. Though in the meantime if someone comes with a decent offer then I will consider.

Reaction score
I am pretty tempted with a teg next. How does handling compare to Trophy? Or have you not drove a Trophy yet.

Cool car plus vid.

Reaction score
^^ think the teg is up there with the Trophy if not better apprrentley