Reaction score
Hi guys, has anybody found out what this tapping is? Does anybody know if its damaging anything in any way?

Reaction score
I wouldnt' have thought the carbon cannister ticks as the rev increase. Although the only way to check is to unplug it and take it for a long drive to see if it continues. If not id suggest a sticky tappet so try an oil change if its due, possibly a PAS or aircon pump issue?

Edited to say; that is if the noise increases in frequency with revs as per original post!

Dan

Reaction score
Its the solenoid opening and closing on the carbon canister,this is bolted directly on to the off side front chassis and noise is transmitted into the cabin.

You could change it but it will still do it,i have some rubber grommet type things on mine and it s still noisey.if you disconnect it the noise stops.

Reaction score
From what I understand is that it takes fuel vapours from the tank and sends it to the inlet plenum to be burnt off, something like that anyway

Reaction score
Its to do with legislation about not venting fuel vapours directly to atmosphere,so the carbon or charcoal acts like a sponge.