nightmare!!

Reaction score
Just went to get some bevy at the shops, when a gust of wind flew the car door open, and it wouldnt shut, only if you give it some power! Just spent the last 30mins pushing gently down on the door, to hopefully put it in place . Seems to be ok now. Hopefully it should set in its place over night and should be ok? Im gutted, hopefully its nothing serious..........

Lets just say push comes to shove, and its still doesnt shut normally, would the warrenty cover this? I just leave the wind bit out when telling renault :roll: :roll:

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I did exactly this on my 172 a few years back. The force of it being flung open actually slightly separated the outer and inner skin of the door. Check to see if the paint has split on the inside edge of the door near the hinges.

In the end i adjusted the catch on the body of the car up or down a little so the door shut cleanly again but it was definitely bent out of place as the bump strips didn't line up. I never got it looked at in the end (for fear of having to pay for a new door!) luckily it wasn't spotted when i traded the car in for the Trophy.

Reaction score
Unlucky, i'll def be hanging onto my doors a lot better in this wind!

Defo leave the wind bit out if you do go to the stealers!!