Reaction score
hey there everyone , just got my first RSC 51 Reg 172 64k with service history for the bank breaking sum of 550quid

please no stick for the gold wheels , part of the cheap price was he kept the speedline cup wheels that were on it - and at 120 for the 4 with falken zexs on them i couldnt say now - Had a look around clio sport , but , erm i found it a touch juvenile - great source of info , just not my kinda vibe if you get me

here shes is

clio1a.JPGclio2.JPGclio3.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome to the site!

I know it was only £550, but did you ask the seller if it was straight before you bought it? Or will it just be broken up and sold as Dave says? I'm sure you can recuperate your outlay just by selling the major organs of the car if you needed to.

Reaction score
The wheels are Speeline Comps - Decent ligtweight wheels - Track Car what else could i do with it in real terms ?

Nope , i didnt bother , i drove 420 miles round trip , its only tin damage , had the rear doorcard off , sourced a replacement for £50 new , having a brother who is a panel beater is handy - and im a HGV mechanic

Its still MOD and Taxed until Feb next year , only 3rd party cover an the poor kid couldnt afford to fix it - so i kicked him when he was down. im made up with it - is there much of a market for stuff like seats , electrics and stuff ?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome to ClioTrophy Stu!

Looks like a good buy for the basis of a track car, especially if you can sort the cosmetic damage out yourself on the cheap. Someone on here will probably have your rear seats to upgrade the fabric ones in the Trophy if you are stripping it out lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
HA, I'm guessing you wandered into the General Chat section on CS? Unfortunately the 'anything goes' attitude leaks out onto the technical areas of the forum as well sometimes, quite obvious to a newcomer I guess.
You will SOMETIMES get a decent answer though.

CT is more serious though.
Welcome :)

Reaction score
Someone is already inerested in the rear seat - think i might have let it go too cheap but hey (£25) its going to be no use to me

Indeed Aucky - I dunno , it will probably come across as VERY arrogant but im quite technically minded so "gettin Lowz" isnt for me , improving the handling of my car so i can chase Lotus elises' definetly is - But i have found lots of answers to the obvious questions on their so it cant be that bad (though 20-30 threads on the same subject clearly indicates the search function redundant)

Looking forward to gettin Stuck in now. Being From Chester you will know just how Close Oulton is :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah exactly, you just have to wade through the bollocks sometimes, there are a lot of 'in' jokes and 'trolls' who make it their business to annoy people.

Oulton, Yeshh :)
My car will be hyrid track spec next spring.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! That has the potential to be a cracking track weapon! :)

Keep us up to date with the progress you make with it.

Reaction score
Be nice to see you out there Aucky - once the weather is better

Yeah Renault i think ive adopted this place as my first stop when it comes to the Clio , i was origionally looking for *whispers* a Saxo VTS , i didnt think id get the Clio on Budget , but hey this one came up.

Reaction score
The VTS is actually decent. I would own one if it wasn't regarded as being 'chavvy' Would make a good track car like you say though.

Reaction score
Yeah they are renowned as being a bit good , much like the 106 gti - Ah well This one is my new toy so hopefully i can get the parts i want and turn her into something fun for me and the Misses to track day

Reaction score
Just picked up a 182 manifold and decat for 57 quid

A pair of 182 cup hubs 60 mm spacing for 60 quid and

broke the bank with a 13 pound front splitter from Skoda

I want to try and collect all the parts before i do it all in one hit - how long i can hold off for is anyones guess

Reaction score
Icey Conditions have resulted in a slight off - slowing down for a BP garage and an ungritted Slip road resulted in a 5am accident

not sure if the shell is damaged - and it was due to come off the road permanently today for the rest of its work , just something else to fix

28012012066.JPG28012012067.JPG

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I feel sorry for you buddy, but it sounds like you were about to do some big changes to it anyway. So, chin up and get it back on the road if you can. Watch out for changeable road conditions in the future. Good luck :)

Reaction score
Yeah , ill be watching out a touch , ABS Solid pedal moment and not a chance of pulling up in time - The Shell looks Screwed , but Hey Just Means i can get a new one , have it dipped and seam weld it and caged which was eventaully the route that this one was going , just unfortunate really.

only thing really left will be the loom , engine and dash - oh and 3 out of the 4 wheels that are on it , just need to purchase a 4th