BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys, Ive just bought Trophy number 266, Im a very happy 20yr old, unfortunetly I wont be insuring her for another 2 weeks until i hit 21, so she will be parked in the garage for whats going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. Ive been interested in the Trophy since it was released in 05 and have been visiting this site ever since. Its a brilliant forum! Ive never drove any other Cliosport model so cant compare to the trophy but i test drove the trophy last year and was stunned by the handling/performance, been saving since then. + I live in Cumbria and there are some excellent driving roads.perfect for the trophy.

Incase anyone is interested I Paid £9500 with 19500 miles on the clock, full service history, un-modified, Very good condition, I thought this was a reasonable price.

Reaction score
BenG266 said:
Hi guys, Ive just bought Trophy number 266, Im a very happy 20yr old, unfortunetly I wont be insuring her for another 2 weeks until i hit 21, so she will be parked in the garage for whats going to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. Ive been interested in the Trophy since it was released in 05 and have been visiting this site ever since. Its a brilliant forum! Ive never drove any other Cliosport model so cant compare to the trophy but i test drove the trophy last year and was stunned by the handling/performance, been saving since then. + I live in Cumbria and there are some excellent driving roads.perfect for the trophy.

Incase anyone is interested I Paid £9500 with 19500 miles on the clock, full service history, un-modified, Very good condition, I thought this was a reasonable price.

Welcome along pal. I just turned 20 last week, but was 19 when I bought the Trophy. I paid £1,527.36 for my insruance. How much are you paying, if you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score
welcome and get along to the next NW meet whenever that will be lol.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks lads. Simon ive had a quote for £970 from greenlight insurance but thats when im 21 and its with 2 years no claims. pretty good i thought! £1527.36 is a very good quote for a lad of 19 who was that with?
Ive never been on a meet before im quite looking forward to coming on one though,what do you guys do when you meet up?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
excellent roads to test the handling but i implore you to take it easy for a while, even if you think you know the car..... the limits of the car are so high that many people run out of talent before the car does, which isn't a good combination.

Anyway welcome and the wait may be good, the grit they stick on the road at this time of year doesn't do the bodywork any favours.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye its going to take a while to adjust to the car, the trophy gives you alot of confidence on the corners. Hoping a few track days will help me discover what the limits are, i dont want to find out the hard way! :lol:

Reaction score
BenG266 said:
Thanks lads. Simon ive had a quote for £970 from greenlight insurance but thats when im 21 and its with 2 years no claims. pretty good i thought! £1527.36 is a very good quote for a lad of 19 who was that with?
Ive never been on a meet before im quite looking forward to coming on one though,what do you guys do when you meet up?

Well I was 19 and 0 NCB. Was insured under my mum for 2 years with directline. I got 2 years named drivier claims ( or whatever there called). I then got the trophy phoned up and they said we are not going to insure you becuase your not 21, which im sorry, IMO was utter shite! So I lost 2 years named driving thingys lol. Im currently with Admiral. Think it helps that I have a good postcode rating, and the car is kept in a garge...... ;)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I got a quote of £2700ish from admiral so thought sod it ill wait til im 21 and get one then, now the cars in the garage and i cant drive it, its doing my head in :x , ive just spent 2hours cleaning the engine bay! There is not alot of room to get your hands in under the bonnet of the Trophy there was loads in my other car, its an 02reg 1.2 Clio ill post a pic.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My other Clio!

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 196

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Never been there, will have to go if its recommended, there are many good driving roads up the Lake District cant wait to get out in the trophy. Trouble is: Lake District=tourists=Caravans!!! :x

Reaction score
I'm sure we'll organise another meet soon, just keep checking the forum :)