Reaction score
Hi, just bought 426, and pretty sure the drivers shock needs refurbing, bit of bounce and very crashy. will get refurbed, but my question is, I need to use the car (looking for number 2 vehicle at the mo) am I ok to use the trophy in the meantime? Or will this further add to the shock damage and repair cost, or take it beyond repair?

advise please, thanks!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
They have been known to break springs and tbh there is just no way of going easy on them as in a corner one or the other will be taking a lot of force.

Reaction score
Always a risk, as well as potential tyre damage - Tinker (a member here) quickly trashed a pair of fronts driving on knakered shocks. However, his were both properly gone and with absolutely zero damping, i.e. really bouncy.

That said, my drivers side went and I drove on it for a couple of weeks with no probs before I had them both refurbed.

Reaction score
Hi Matt,

good spot, the reg on the L200 was P5 DUD, so close, but yes its me, will announce the new addition on the williams forum soon :D

Good to see you have great taste too!

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
Always a risk, as well as potential tyre damage - Tinker (a member here) quickly trashed a pair of fronts driving on knakered shocks. However, his were both properly gone and with absolutely zero damping, i.e. really bouncy.

Killed a set of tyres within 100 miles if I remember right.

Reaction score
what's the best solution, can I buy some 2nd hand 182 suspension to stick on the T while I send the sachs off? Would that work? don't fancy an over nighter in the silverstone area?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It depends how long you plan to leave it obviously some drive around for a while before refurb. The replacement damper idea is good but you will need "cup" units to fit the T.