Reaction score
Have wanted one of these for a while, but there has always been reasons stopping me getting one... until now! with the prices of used cars fallen so much of late, I found this one at too good a deal to miss... so it's goodbye to the Golf and hello to my mid-life crisis car ;)

DSCF2653X.jpg
DSCF2655X.jpg
DSCF2659X.jpg
DSCF2662X.jpg
DSCF2664X.jpg
DSCF2665X.jpg
DSCF2668X.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice, i've always fancied one of these, I hate to ask but what did you end up paying?

Reaction score
hello to my mid-life crisis car :lol:

Looks immaculate gareth, did this replace the R27?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i nearly bought one a few years back - my only issue with it was at 6'3'' i kept banging my temple against the metal bit at the top of the windshield.. Fantastic engines in them, just need a bit more torque lower down the rev range imo.

Reaction score
Cool car mate I ve just been considering one of these next year. A few of my pals have them and love them.

Reaction score
Apparently very sensitive to geometry set up - check the forums. To get more mid range torque you should go the Hondata route, which will move the v Tec point down the range. About 1.5 secs quicker than the Trophy at my local hill climb!.

Reaction score
Rudi - the R27 went and I got a MK4 Golf Anniversary TDi which made way for this

George - spent a good few weeks trawling the S2k forum and read up all about the geometry - mine has been checked prior to purchase, but going to keep an eye on it, thanks for heads up though :D

As for the VTEC - hell yeah it does scream!

Reaction score
With the sun shining this morning and forecast to shine all weekend, it was enough of an incentive to clean the car and get the hardtop off (even if it is going back on after the weekend).

Awesome afternoon of getting to know the car better around a few of my favourite roads followed by a handful of pictures :

DSCF2748X.jpg

DSCF2751X.jpg

DSCF2753X.jpg

DSCF2759X.jpg

DSCF2761X.jpg

DSCF2763.jpg

I also had the geometry checked / reset back to factory settings the other day which has made a huge difference to the handling... whilst there i got this picture - quite like it for the unusual high positioning i could get :

DSCF2743.jpg

Reaction score
Way back in the day...well late 90s ;-) I always thought I'd pick one of these up someday... nice car :)
Thanks for that link too! I might check them out for getting the Trophy looked at, not too far away either.