New V-Power card has arrived...

Reaction score
Has anyone else got this in the post?

Was sent a nice little card to use at the petrol station and a leaflet advising that 99 ron is now available at Shell stations (as V-power, not Optimax).

Has anyone seen this, and have you got a card too?

O.

Reaction score
ive not, but the ammount of petrol i spend in shell i might aswell get one. im guessing you can get them from the garage?

Reaction score
Not heard about V card however i did hear via pistonheads that 99ron is about in the UK.

Details on the card please? i.e. does it save you money or is it another one of these bloody points collecting cards?

Reaction score
It's a loyalty card but you need to be invited if I remember correctly. You apply for the base Pluspoints card from Shell and if you use more than 300 litres of Optimax a month (off hand... I think this is right) then they give you a V-max/Optimax card.

The rewards are actually very good... includes tours of Ferrari factory in Maranello, various Ferrari gear, car track days etc. You can obtain a Ferrari umbrella for instance quite easily (the proper golf sized quality ones... not the el-cheapo ones!). You can also get cash vouchers to use when you buy fuel.

Plus the guy at the station always gives you a nice smile. I had two actually start a conversation with me when I gave them the new card as they'd not seen it before. OK, so maybe that's not a benefit afterall ;)

It's free so if you use quite a bit of Optimax then it may be worth having as it adds up quite quickly :)

O.

Reaction score
I got my V power card today ;-)

also filled up with v power at 99.9p

Reaction score
So v power is 99ron and optimax is 98 ! On the continent ive seen v power and i just thought thats what they called optimax over there . :?

After a bit of research :arrow: V power

Reaction score
cheers for the info ollie. I'm always such a zombie when i go to my local shell that i've never seen or heard of the optimax card. Wish i had as i've been using optimax for the last 35k miles (including miles in my old 182).
I've applied for a normal card, which will do for now. I read for the V-power card you must buy a certain number of litres of normal petrol to??? fcuk that!!!!

Reaction score
Jezza - I only ever bought Optimax since I first had the card so don't worry about the little rule ;)

O.

Reaction score
haha ok cool. I look forward to getting my card and to start earning some points :)

Lee

Reaction score
I got my v power card a week or two ago.

I got my email balance today which said I'd reached my points earning threshold for the quarter.

On average 2 - 3 tanks a week as I've been doing lately is obviously considered a lot by Shell.

Reaction score
Is there any way you can get one of these cards without being invited? My mate at work said that he got one the other day, and I want one!

Reaction score
polarbert said:
Is there any way you can get one of these cards without being invited? My mate at work said that he got one the other day, and I want one!

No - you have to sign up for the base scheme and use V-max as per their criteria. They will automatically send you the card when you meet the criteria.

Unless of course you know someone in Shell that can 'help you out' ;)

O.