Reaction score
Im in need of 2 new tyres

Firstly - wheres the best place (cheapest) to get michelin pe2's or ps3's from (or other recommendations?)

Secondly, does it matter that much if i use say ps3's on the front and pe2's on the back, probably doesnt just i will have my OCD glasses and will be thinking its odd? :roll:

Reaction score
When first purchasing the T i had Michelin PE2's on the rear and Bridgestone ER300 on front, i don't rate the Bridgestone however iv recently been able to get hold of some Pirelli Pzero Nero, now in the dry compared to PE2's they dont compete, dont get me wrong they handle like a dream but if your heavy on the right foot you can find a limit for under steer, saying that when it comes to wet weather the Pirelli's really come to life and i have to say so far iv not found a limit of loss of grip, its really strange to have a tyre to handle better in the wet than in the dry but this is the case with the Pirelli's.

Would i buy again for the money i paid at £40 a tyre yes i will be, im not sure i would run them on track day and i was contemplating on spending a little more for something that i can use during the summer.

If anyone else has other tyres they have tried would be nice to hear from them about there experience.

As for fitting to front or rear its personal preference, i fitted mine to the front as my fronts were rather low and the front needed wheel alignment setting up but the rear's will be getting new rubber very shortly.

Reaction score
I've just bought 4 PS3s, cheapest place I could find was Camskill at just under £100 each. Can't fault them and seem at least the equal of the PE2s.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
They are not called skidelli's for nothing! :lol:

I have to admit i saw them and thought shall i as i know there not the best of tyres, however since having them fitted, for winter and wet weather there miles ahead of anything iv tried before. And considering our weather in this country makes sense to be running them for daily driver especially for the money they cost.

Reaction score
I've recently put two new ps3's on the front. Am very pleased, would say there better all round compared to the pe2's especially in the wet. Not had them long enough to comment on wear rate yet. Pretty sure they don't make the pe2's to fit the 16" wheel anymore.

Reaction score
I'm going for the toyo t1rs, never had them before but they seem to have decent reviews, and are 30 pound a tyre cheaper than the michelins from camskill.

Reaction score
I've got michelin pe2's on the rear, and Toyo Tr1's on the front, i wont buy the Toyo's again. Rubbish. Just bought them at the time because i couldnt afford the pe2's, and mot was a must. :lol:

Reaction score
rickywilly said:
I've got michelin pe2's on the rear, and Toyo Tr1's on the front, i wont buy the Toyo's again. Rubbish. Just bought them at the time because i couldnt afford the pe2's, and mot was a must. :lol:

In what respect were they rubbish?

Reaction score
Another one who doesn't like the toyos, had them in my wrx, and didn't like them.
Too soft, squeek like pigs, crap steering feel and melt like chewing gum on track.

Reaction score
I've driven a T on TR1's (Tinker's) and it was great.... Mine has PE2's still, not sure they are much better.

Reaction score
Well i might've been a bit too harsh on them, but i find in the wet they give me no confidence compared to the pe2's, in the dry i've found they tend to give up quicker when on the ragged edge and give me alot more under steer in comparison to the michelins. They're not in the same 'rubbish' catagory as a pirelli p6000 or some hero's, but i've not found many road going tyres better than the Pe2, even the continental contact sport's i have on my mrs' Astra are decent tyre. I've not had chance to try the Pe3's yet, maybe when i get my new set i think i'll plump for them.
But i've met a lot of people who run the Toyo's and get on with them fine. maybe it's me? :lol:

Reaction score
Hmmm seem to be a lot of mixed reviews about the toyos, oh well, im not planning any track days and only driving her in the summer so im sure they will be fine.

Reaction score
There is mixed views on Toyo T1R's however iv had them fitted to my previous car but i did find that they went out of shape and the sidewalls were bit soft, i use to get a bit of a distant feel, they did last just over a year which wern't too bad.
These were replaced with Avon ZZ3's which i thought were pretty good for a budget tyre, i then went over to Goodyear Eagle f1's and i have to say so far they have beat everything else bar from the fact that they were poor in the snow.

Reaction score
I shall be treating the Trophy to some new running trainers on the 15th....Pay day's take too long to come around :D !! I will be getting the new PS3's so will post my findings up after a few miles on them.

Elliott.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Uniroyal Rainsport 2's?

£63 from camskill, seem to have good reviews on the old interweb?

is1

Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Has anyone tried Uniroyal Rainsport 2's?

£63 from camskill, seem to have good reviews on the old interweb?

I have them as rears on mine. I reported a while back that they beat the PE2 in an EVO magazine group test (2nd v 5th, make of that what you will) and they seem no different to the PE2s on the rear. I have not tried them on the front but I believe a few over on Cliosport seem to think they are very good.

WORD OF CAUTION - I have not tried them on the front and I am likely to go with PS3s on the front for one reason only and it's not a direct criticism of the Rainsport 2s - I do not know what (if any) effect the Rainsports may have on steering feel as I understand the sidewall is very soft compared to the Michelin (would a softer sidewall improve or reduce steering feel?) and do not want to risk tyres on a car for 12-18 months if I might not like them.

The way I see it, £35 extra a corner for PS3s is negligible if they will be on the car for possibly 2-3 years. I pay a fair bit more than that for fuel per week.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is1 said:
Sam_K said:
The way I see it, £35 extra a corner for PS3s is negligible if they will be on the car for possibly 2-3 years. I pay a fair bit more than that for fuel per week.
You can make a set of fronts last 2-3 years??