Reaction score
Hey, bought and picked up my trophy last night from 'son of solo'. What a great car it is!! Probably the worst sort of weather you could ever pick a car up in, especially picking it up from Newcastle!!!

The car is now living in Manchester. Are there any other trophy owners in or around Manchester?

Elliott.

Reaction score
Hi Elliot. Welcome to the world of Trophy ownership. Hopefully the roads are clear of snow up there - where i live only major roads are clear. Enjoy the T. For the money it's awesome.

I'm sure there must be other owners around your area but not sure of anyone on here. Sorry. What cars have you owned previously? Felix.

Reaction score
The roads are terrible here!! Im guted :( picked it up last night and drove home on average at 40mph for 3 hours!!! I havent been able to drive it today as the roads here are thick with snow even the main roads!!

Im sure i will be in it soon enough.

Elliott.

Reaction score
Nice one, you will enjoy. Solo just had the dampers referbished also, didnt he?

Thats one more gone from the North East, soon i will be the only one left.

Reaction score
Yes the dampers had just been done, and with only 22.5k on the clock it was still a very fine example. I still have the R27 though.

Sad to see the Trophy go.... but as George Harrison once said "all things must pass".

you can now remove my 3rd star :(

Reaction score
scott said:

well theres still that tosser with YY55 in Gosforth, and i heard there were a couple in westerhope, theres another guy i know with one out in Ponteland but hes only on RS - dont worry you're not the "only Trophy in the village" :D

Reaction score
What was the reason for selling? Much better than the one from Arnold Clark! lol

Reaction score
son of solo said:
scott said:

well theres still that tosser with YY55 in Gosforth, and i heard there were a couple in westerhope, theres another guy i know with one out in Ponteland but hes only on RS - dont worry you're not the "only Trophy in the village" :D

I know there is a few still here but think you were the closest to me, i never see any kicking about anymore.
You will be sad when the nice weather comes back for a few weeks next year, give me a bell and you can take mine out to remind yourself what your missing, :lol: . At least you still have the R27 to blast about in though.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome Elliott, got a good one.
son of solo said:
well theres still that tosser with YY55 in Gosforth, :D

HaHaHa, typically forthright. Who's that then?

Sad to see another long serving member sell up, I always hoped it would be The R27 to get the elbow :(

P.S. Can I be introduced to your friends in your avatar :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
elliot, post up under the owners register post that son of solo created for the correct tophy number and i'll sort you a 3rd star and former owners status for solo...

and that avatar is wicked..... please tell me they are into trophy owners [-o<

Reaction score
Yes i've got "Trophy sellers remorse" right now, i let the wife put the money into the mortgage with the promise of a new M3 when its paid off in 3 years :D - i just felt it was the right time to sell and i'm sure Elliot is a worthy next owner, the effort this guy went to assured me of this.
those 2 lasses are pretty sweet arnt they? :D :D
heres another pic...if anyone wants a link to the full set PM me

Attachments

• 8508_.jpg
    8508_.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
scott said:
son of solo said:
scott said:

I know there is a few still here but think you were the closest to me, i never see any kicking about anymore.
You will be sad when the nice weather comes back for a few weeks next year, give me a bell and you can take mine out to remind yourself what your missing, :lol: . At least you still have the R27 to blast about in though.

cheers Scott

Reaction score
Thanks Andrew it was some effort in that weather 20mph all the way home from Newcastle is not good!! The trophy is in excellent condition as Andrew told me "he doesnt think there would be a finer example around" and he is spot on!! There isnt a mark on the car and it drives perfect (for snowy conditions).

I will be on here all the time from now on so it has gone to a good member who will treat it just how Andrew kept it.

Thanks Elliott.

Reaction score
Sounds like another 8 grand trophy what with the low mileage and damper rebuild.