BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome to the world of Clio Trophy ! 8) :D

Reaction score
Great purchase.

Will be interesting to hear how the reliability is after all these miles as I have never heard of a CS this high in mileage.

Enjoy it.

nby

Reaction score
thanks for the warm welcome all, I will be getting the keys this morning and will take her for a spin later on :D.

nby

Reaction score
I've got the keys and as expected it needs a "bit" of work but I may have to declare it SORN as mot is due Wednesday 14th and I need to get the shocks off to BG Motorsport.

Mot certificate states, 7 warnings with one being dangerous (park brake efficiency below requirements 12%, luckily my drive is flat), offside rear parking brake little or no effort, front shocks leaking, front light bulbs different colour + alignment, rear numberplate light not working.

The advisories as expected are tyres, so yeah a chunk of money needs to be spent, so time to splash out and get it sorted .

Reaction score
Quick tot up in my head reckons about a grandish to do all that, so a trophy with perfect shocks, 4 new michelins, all the electrics working properley for £2900. Bargain

I'd be tempted to get a full service with belts done for peace of mind too, if you've got cash spare :)

nby

Reaction score
I'm thinking around the same figure fingers crossed!, and the belts were done around 80k (suprised they left it that late!) and 130k.

thanks

Reaction score
I would budget more than the normal money for the shockers.

Id say average for having them done is about 35k and that costs just short of £600 all in. So with 5 times the mileage more could be wrong.

Im not saying it will defo cost more than normal but no harm in budgeting and a bonus if not.

Reaction score
Great thread, and a bit of a bargain. :D
I guess the shocks are just cleaned up, re-sealed and gassed. Apart from adding new adjusters if they are needed I wouldn't be too worried.

nby

Reaction score
I've just copied and pasted the following from my thread on cliosport as i'm not sure how many of you guys (if not all) are on cs, apologies if the pictures are too big if need be I will resize them again #-o .

As requested here are the pictures, I took her back on my lunch break after filling her up I took some very crappy pictures on the drive as I had to get back to work pretty sharpish.

The car needs a damn good clean inside and out but other than that im over the moon!!.

this being the best angle I could get;
DSCF0006.JPG

Recaro wear;
DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

Outside;
DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0020.JPG

Splitter in boot;
DSCF0021.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

=P~ , DECENT photos tomorrow.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Great thread, and a bit of a bargain. :D
I guess the shocks are just cleaned up, re-sealed and gassed. Apart from adding new adjusters if they are needed I wouldn't be too worried.

other stuff can be damaged. BG told me that the bar can get rust on it and if that happens it cost more.

Reaction score
PB.283 said:
I like the "Homer Simpson arse groove" in the drivers seat!

That'll be 170k miles of cans of coke dribbles and garage sarnie crumbs between the legs!

Awesome find for bargin basement price. Welcome, welcome. Add to the overall cost a damn good interior valet too, exterior detail probably wouldn't go a miss either. It'll have a laquer of motorway grime all of it's own. Boot picture seems to reveal that it's had a fairly hard life. Quite a lot of grime built up. Bag yourself a tube of Autosol to polish up those rear pipes too. They look fully carbonised.

Will be great to see it back in all its glory in the next few months.