Reaction score
Hi,

I'm the new owner of Trophy No.243 T9PHY which I collected today after some fraught negotaiting with Renault dealer who had it. I know it was owned by a member on here who I contacted before buying it, and I thank him for his information.

It's my new daily runner to replace my late spec JDM Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 which I loved but someone walked up and said I love your car how much, I gave a figure he paid, car went, it all happened very quickly, still a bit shocked it's gone TBH.

But I can comfort myself with not only my new Trophy which is brilliant, but the Lancia integrale EVO1 sat in the garage, I was living the SEGA Rally dream which people of a certain generation will understand, the Mitsubishi FTO GP version R thats my g/f's everyday car, the little Seicento Abarth we have with a 1.4 16V 6speed Panda 100HP conversion and Cinquecento Abarth getting same engine converison but fully stripped out for track, with Quaife LSD and all sorts of other goodies.

As you can see I'm not loyal to any marque or region, for me a good fun car to drive is a good fun car no matter who makes it.

I have had 2 R5GTT's in the past which I loved, a 1988 black one and a 1990 Tungsten Grey which I sold about 8 years ago, and in many ways the feel of the gearbox and clutch remind me so much of those cars from younger days.

The site looks great with some brilliant info, and those little items from the shop look excellent, sure I'll be buying some of those soon. :D

Aaron.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hey mate, welcome to the forum. :)

Any pics of the JDM Toyota Celica GT4 ST205 :D

Ben.

Reaction score
Welcome indeed!

The sega rally dream - oh how I remember my early teenage days of hammering older guys at sega rally in the arcade.. That and daytona.

Great collection of machinery you have there and clearly a good fold to which the trophy is being added.

Hope the new addition lives up to your expectations. :D

Reaction score
Hello.

I went from a ST205 to the trophy too :)

Different beasts to be sure. Escpecially the fuel consumption :lol:

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.

I didn't get much off the car but TBH I got a fair bit more for my car than I think I would have if I'd just put it up for sale in a normal manner, someone really wanted it and paid a good price.

It was closest car to my home and lowest mileage and had some bits on it the previous owner had did that i liked, ie 6disc CD changer under passenger seat, full compliment of Samco hoses for coolant and induction, some nice red conduit under engine bay, the wiper stalk modification, sun visor change, the footrest cover, gear knob and the paint work is still very good from its detailing.

More importantly I got them to do a full aux & cambelt change, 12 months Renault warranty that would also cover any remedial work on the dampers, though they gave them a clean bill of health. Though as I live next to Silverstone and have a few contacts locally that may be able to get a discount, no harm in asking as I'll probably get them rebuilt after winter.The dealership only became a Renault dealer about 3 weeks ago, hence why it was listed under Mazda, thats next door and same dealership.

I'd like to remove the steering wheel and get it recovered in some higher quality leather removing those plastic inserts and some nice red stitching, I've seen work these guys do http://www.gibsontrimming.com/gallery/t ... hp?album=9 and believe I can get something done more locally to same standards. I know a few integrale owners have had their OE spec MOMO Corse steering wheels recovered to good effect once you find someone with experience of doing it you can get it thicker, have thumb grips etc, really anything you find on any other steering wheel rim.

The GT4, though not the most up to date, not uploaded those to photobucket yet.
050109008_edited-1.jpg
050109012_edited-1.jpg
122208004.jpg
P6280169.jpg

Early pictures of GT4 next to the integrale
P4180099_edited-1.jpg
P4180102_edited-1.jpg
P4180104_edited-1.jpg

Once I find them, I'll stickup some of the FTO as it is a very nice looking car, and pretty rare as only 350 GPvR's were made.

Reaction score
Matt Wills said:
I'm sure I know that Integrale from somewhere do you do the Lancia trackdays or use Auto Integrale?

Glad you enjoy the Trophy

:)

Yeah I'm loving the Trophy, I test drove a low mileage 2owner from new FSH 50K UKDM integra Type R in Milano Red, and a new Civic Type R as a replacement to the Celica, the integra didn't live up to expectations, though I really liked it, it did feel cheap compared to the Celica, and TBH and this will sound controversial to some, not even as quick as Emma's FTO, though if I could have found a decent rare Phoenix Yellow JDM integra I could have been very tempted.

The Civic was actually much better than I thought it would be, but Honda would give me £3K off a GT model, but only 1K off a Championship Edition which with the LSD is a much better car, but list price was £800 difference, ended up being nearly £4K difference with discounts, thats a bit hard to justify for white paint and a LSD.

I've had the integrale about 7 years now, and have used Keith down at Auto Integrale in the past, he is very good, though not been down to his since he moved premises to I believe a smaller unit, but in same area as over last 2 years moved to new area, changed where i work, and bought a new house so time seems to have been tied up doing anything but integrale stuff.

It was on all the London2Brighton runs and I've had it at many Auto Italia days, Broolands, Gaydon etc and a few Rally Days at Castle Combe.

I take it you must have or had a Lancia to use Keith, or maybe a Fiat Coupe?

Reaction score
Keith found me my Integrale Evo 1 which was a German import and had a few Holzer mods on it and I really miss that car but don't miss how much it cost especially to run on track.

Evo Engineering used to look after my grey HF Turbo i.e. that I did my first trackday with the Lancia club at Goodwood and that car was featured in Auto Italia.

Integrale.jpg