Reaction score
Well i've had my second Trophy for a week now and racked up 300 miles but thought i'd share a few of my thoughts and findings from the time i've been driving the car.

I bought my first Trophy (328) with 5500 miles on it, and this new one (474) had 7080 when i collected it. One of the first things that Steve @ Allvehicles mentioned to me was that 474 was a very tight and tidy example.

Having driven it, i'm inclined to agree..... it remains rattle free and even the exhaust is yet to develop the infamous rattles too. The engine is very tight and needs solme encouragement to reach the higher levels of the rev counter..... the 5k kick is definitely less noticeable in 474 than it was in 328 when i collected it.

The one noticeable difference though that i thought i would comment on is the handling..... as most are aware I had the suspension setup by Aurok carried out (details in this thread - http://cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0). 474 feels a bit more torque steery and if searching for a word to best desribe it, the handling seems a little 'skittleish'. The car is a little less predictable and doesnt feel like it handles on rails as much as 328 did. although it's still early days i'd say from memory that 474 feels very similar to 328 did in terms of handling prior to the work being done on suspension setup.

I'll definitely be rebooking the car in for Aurok to have a look and set 474 up the same as 328 was. It is of course a little difficult to compare the two cars when the weather conditions are different and i spent most of the time with 328 driving on good dry roads whereas conditions since i have picked up 474 have been foggy, wet and slippy.

Reaction score
Good stuff Gareth...

Do you know the previous owner of 474?

Reaction score
oliie said:
Good stuff Gareth...

Do you know the previous owner of 474?

only know it was someone in the forces.... the car had been out of the country for a little while. it wasn't previously on the site either

Reaction score
Has anyone got contact details for aurok and do they do the work at the time of the appointment so I can wait? The renault dealer kerbed one of my wheels and now the car is understeering excessively in right turns, would aurok be able to cure this?

Reaction score
That sounds like just your tracking fella. Any garage should be able to sort that for you.

Reaction score
If you do decide that you want Aurok to have a look at your suspension geometry, you'll be able to find the contact details on the website - http://www.aurok.com/