Reaction score
My car needs a new set of front pads. I've decided on buying Ferodo DS2500's but everywhere I look the prices seem so largely different.

The best price I have found so far is £99.98 for the pair. Does anyone know of any company that sells them cheaper or is this the best I'm really likely to get.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
That seems very reasonable. Has anybody noticed the low speed squeeking that is mentioned? Is it loud enough to hear from inside the car?

Reaction score
I was planning on getting some of these, does anyone fancy organising a group buy?? :wink:

Reaction score
chris #418 said:
That seems very reasonable. Has anybody noticed the low speed squeeking that is mentioned? Is it loud enough to hear from inside the car?

Mine do this since I took them on track. You can hear it from inside the car but I don't mind. They overheated at Spa but seem to be fine again now.

amm

Reaction score
the ferodo ds 2500 are a good allround pad i could not coment on the pagid rs4-2 (blue) or the pagid rs15's for all your pads go to www.yozzasport.co.uk chepest place around

Reaction score
My DS2500's made a hell of a row when they were first fitted (Steve and I had them done at the same time with new Brembo's as well) and Steve's were pretty bad too from what I remember. They get better though, and you can solve most of the problems with copious amounts of copper grease behind the pads. Feel and power is fantastic on the road, but I think if you're looking to track it, then folllow Cue's advice.

Reaction score
I've had DS2500 on for my past couple of trackdays. They used to squeal however I found this was mostly caused by the pads being a shite fit. After filing down the pads to fit properly I've had little to no squeal.
I've not used Pagid so can't comment but from my trackdays with the DS2500s I've been really impressed.
I'm now running them with the Brembo Grooved disks and just did Spa and nurburgring and had no fade at all.
I believe there is a group buy on brembo max and DS2500s on cliosport

Reaction score
rs42 are a great pad

rs 15 would prob make noise imo and not that great for road use.

Reaction score
Been following this thread.....can anyone advise what would be the best combination of pads and disks or just new pads to improve perfomance on every day road use.....I find the standard set up is rubbish in the wet! My disks are rusty around the edges but there is plenty of wear left on them...

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
doing just the pads could be risky. The greater heat parameters of upgraded pads may have you boiling you fluid or eroding your disks before you are aware - making the car unstable during braking or even loss of braking altogether.

Personally, my preference is for Brembo Max disks, Upgraded hoses (they do make a difference), upgraded fluid (castrol responce dot 4 or a dot 5.1) and either Pagid Rs4-2's or RS15's. But that's just my preference, very very good for track work and not overly agressive for road use.

Reaction score
Thanks Cue, under normal road use is the life of the pads and disks comparible to the standard kit? I don't want to end up with a high maintenance car? Thanks for your help :)

Reaction score
Progress report on RS15 - brilliant from cold - good pedal - squeal intermittently. Can't advise on fade, as that is not an issue for hill climbing. Absolutely fine for road use. Dust does not seem to be an issue and is more grey than black.

Reaction score
If your driving exclusively on the road then I wouldn't worry about the fluid and brake lines. The fluid is only going to overheat after prolonged heavy braking.
Replacing your disks depends on mileage and how you feel about the condition of your current ones. I originally just changed my pads and they bedded in fine. Now I have replaced disks, pads, fluid and lines so that it's better on track.

If you buy DS2500's then they will need to be filed to fit.

Anyone got any views on the Brembo max discs for road use? I imagine the grooves would be good for clearing water but I have heard they are a bit noisy?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i wouldn't say they were noisy at all - i run max disks. without decent pads though, having good disks is bit like using cheap meat in an a la restaurant.