DMC

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought a 1 owner 29k Mile Trophy. Paid 7k. From a chap just down the road from me.

Will dig out the number tonight so i can update the register.. EDIT Number: 224

Car was in pretty poor condition for such low mileage, but has the full service history, and hpi clear, as well as a few other checks. Spent yesterday restoring the paintwork, and getting it looking spiffing.. Was only cosmetic work required. Now looks much better.

Car needs some tiny dings taking out and the front alloys need a refurb.. Front splitter also needs replacing as it was cracked. And the bleeding great rear speakers need removing and the trim inside could do with a brush up. (being very critical here) All of this is in hand, and by the end of September she should be back to showroom condition.

Its going to be my daily drive, and so far i'm very happy with it. Interesting to read up on some of the expected problems that I have to plan for, and nice to see there's a very reasonable price for servicing the Sachs Dampers.

I've been around car forums a long time, and my other cars are:

Shelby GT-500 Evo (671bhp)
Range Rover Sport HSE

I plan to run the Trophy at the odd twisty track event.. Brands Indy etc.. basically anywhere that the Mustang doesn't do well.. ;)

Anything i should be doing as a first order of maintenance or track preparation ?

Look forward to getting to know you all ;)

Cheers
DMC

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, =D>

sounds like a good price for that kind of mileage. from what others have done in prep for tracking their's a must is the discs, pads and brake fluid!

good luck and have fun.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
DMC said:
I plan to run the Trophy at the odd twisty track event.. Brands Indy etc.. basically anywhere that the Mustang doesn't do well.. ;)

That'll be everywhere that isn't as straight as a rod then? :)

Welcome to the site, as ollie said discs, pads fluid and tracking are pretty much a must, may also be worth getting the dampers unpinned.

DMC

Reaction score
Actually.. The Shelby runs really well at Brands GP, and at Silverstone.. (it's not standard by any means ;) )

Thanks Brake conversions in hand, SRF Fluid, Ferrodo Pads, SS lines, Maybe upgraded discs (Front will need replacing)

Anyone running Cups? or any other semi slick tyres ?

Unpin the Sachs, check, got that planned (Any way to see if its been done already or a HOW TO ?)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I've borrowed the digital off the G/f to do a pictorial "how to unpin" on my spare set of dampers this week. Have also removed the springs so that will be up soon too.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
welcome, i'd recommend a spare set of wheels with some R888's on them for track work. Go for a set of 15" wheels.

I'd also take the rear bench out as it only add's weight imo..... not useful as a passenger carrier due to having no headrests.

Reaction score
A nice selection of vehicles there! Good to see another Essex based owner – there are a small group of us based within a 20/30 mile radius. We really should organise a time to meet up – we’ve toyed with the idea regularly but never got anything concrete..

Out of interest, what would be your choice of driving roads in Essex (if any)?

Good luck with the restoration job – get some before and after photos up!

Welcome aboard

DMC

Reaction score
Well oddly enough I have discovered some great roads very recently..

North out of Braintree, round Saling, Rayne, Weathersfield etc.. all around there is just fantastic. I have a specific route but to be honest all the roads round there just perfect for the Trophy and that includes some really really picturesque pubs to stop and take a break at.. :D

Also the Boreham Road from Great Leighs to yes you guessed it Boreham. A little slice of the Nurburgring.. Especially from Wheelers Hill onwards. ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
great roads round Sailing, I love the s bends at the end of the airfield, when the grass i low you can see if anything is coming and really have fun! :D

DMC

Reaction score
Gazza said:
great roads round Sailing, I love the s bends at the end of the airfield, when the grass i low you can see if anything is coming and really have fun! :D

:D don't know them well enough. but there are some great fast bends, and some great slow ones too.. I am in my element out there on a warm summers evening.

Done quite a few jobs tonight on the CESM mobile.

1. Cleaned the inside thoroughly.. (still loads more to do)
2. Removed ISOFIX bar and took boot carpet out for proper clean
3. Fixed Radio (aerial cable hadn't been connected :D )
4. Took some minging after market speakers out of the rear shelf and binned the shelf, new one ordered.
5. Cured passenger seat rattle, spanner session and some fine adjustments to the recline handle seemed to solve it.

Ordered the following today.

1. Vented Front Discs - Recvd
2. Stainless Steel Lines - Recvd
3. Ferodo ds2500 pads. - Recvd
4. Carbon Fibre Front Splitter - Recvd & Fitted
5. Front and Rear OMP Strut Braces - Recvd
6. Samco !! We love red!! :D - Recvd & fitted
7. Dynamique Wiper Stalk Recvd & Fitted
8. New Front Mats - Recvd
9. Zymol Dave (http://www.sportscarprotection.com) to shower it with the finest carnuba wax!!
10. Rear Parcel Shelf - Recvd

Jobs still to do..

1. Book wheel refurb
2. Book dent man to take out normal few dings from car parks
3. Have geometry checked and corrected
4. Replace that minging gear knob.
5. Fit Wiper Stalk Mod - Done
6. Fit Front Splitter - Done

7. Fit Front Brake Upgrades.
8. Transfer to private plate.
9. Fit Samco Air Filter Hose and Polish/Clean Piper Cross Air filter - Done
10. Fit OMP Strut Braces front and rear.

I am taking this car personally now, and i mean to have it ship shape and bristol fashion.. very soon !!! :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
good man, show it a bit of TLC and it will show it's rear end to most cars out there.

on a twisty b-road, speed limit permitting :)

DMC

Reaction score
Cue said:
good man, show it a bit of TLC and it will show it's rear end to most cars out there.

on a twisty b-road, speed limit permitting :)

Actually it already does that, it pulls bloody well in a straight line, and round the roundabouts and twisties it's incredible..

And parts.. how cheap are the parts.. :D :D :D :D :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
To do what it can and still be so cheap to maintain and run is what marks it out as one of the best pound for pound performance cars available... 12k service schedules, £200 ave service cost, 34mpg and still be able to embarrass a 911 on most twisty roads is phenomenal.

DMC

Reaction score
Updated jobs list, all goodies recvd today.

Big thanks to K-Tec Racing, Renault in Cressing (superb parts department) & strutbracers.co.uk

Tired now.. off to bed... engine ferrets fed well tonight! :wink:

DMC

Reaction score
Think i'm suffering with OCD..

I have spent since 8am this morning on my Trophy.

The inside has been thoroughly steam cleaned, and i mean thoroughly, hoovered, wiped down, cleaned, upholstery freshened.. basically the car now looks and smells like new.

New parcel shelf, mats , wiper stalk, front strutbrace, Rear now in ever growing junk pile in garage, samco hosing, carbon fibre splitter etc all fitted

The outside has been two bucket washed, rinsed, dried using der wunder drying towells, clay barred, polished with big machine, masking tape employed on cracks, and then by hand .. only with Autoglym cheap polish for now, but it will do. Exhaust tips autosol'd.. wheels degreased cleaned and polished. even though kerbed (wots the point - i dunno)

She now sparkles like a new pin and more importantly smells like a new car, while the Mustang festers in the garage looking dirty dusty and unloved. (Reminds me: must get a cover for the Mustang)

Thank god the weather lasted today, and i even skipped Fighting Torque to do this.

Jobs still to do, dentman, brakes, wicked wheels, and zymol dave is coming in early September.

But most importantly i now feel this car is mine!!! :D :D Fooking knackered now though!!

Time for a big freezing cold BEER!!
[attachment=2:17rbe91p]DSC00187.JPG[/attachment:17rbe91p]
[attachment=1:17rbe91p]DSC00185.JPG[/attachment:17rbe91p]
[attachment=0:17rbe91p]DSC00183.JPG[/attachment:17rbe91p]

Attachments

• DSC00187.JPG
    DSC00187.JPG
    374.6 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC00185.JPG
    DSC00185.JPG
    392.7 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00183.JPG
    DSC00183.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
I'll be sure never to park my car next to yours in Tesco's. It doesn't even know what a hoover is!

They do look so much better clean though don't they.

DMC

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
I'll be sure never to park my car next to yours in Tesco's. It doesn't even know what a hoover is!

They do look so much better clean though don't they.

Hell yeah.. and its really gotten under my skin.. always been mad about supercars before.. but now.. i dunno it's like i'm reverting to my teens!!! :D

Aw well having fun anyway , and thats the main thing !! :D